Highlighted
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Soundtouch Updates with no useful purpose . Please stop that

This month has seen 2 Soundtouch updates 20.0.8 and 20.0.10 which it turns exist only for undisclosed legal reasons and based on the offical post created eventually created make no sense to install as they do add or fix anything.

Please agree either to either decrease the frequency of such updates or to bundle such changes with an update that actually does something.

My top recommendations for a useful updates would be:

1. Gapless music playback from NAS and Spotify

2. Adding the much requested wake up and sleep timer feature, as I read some have resorted to 3rd party Mac app store updates to do that, why not add this - the Wave products have it.

For me Airplay 2 is not a high priority at all but it would be nice to have some timescale at least.

5 REPLIES 5
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: Soundtouch Updates with no useful purpose . Please stop that

Hi David,

I noticed also that I had to install those 2 " for undisclosed legal reasons " updates. Yesterday I installed 20.0.10 and today my sytem went nuts. Alexa turned on my preset 1 on all speakers and after a view minutes my kitchen speaker lost it's tunein connection , my wireless soundtouch adapter went offline and this kept on going. I restarted my router and the wireless link adapter without succes. Uninstalled the Mac OS soundtouch app and reinstalled it with no result, actually it got worse because my language did not change back to dutch and libraries are missing. I fixed this but the connection with my TuneIn presets are verry instable for now. 

Wifi of al speakers is good ,fair and poor before update they where very Good  !! I did not change anything and there no new wifi networks in my neighbourhood

So I presume something was changed by the last update but nobody knows ? Or do You Bose ? 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi David, 

Generally we update the firmware of our Soundtouch systems on a regular basis and we appreciate your feedback. The most recent update to our Soundtouch speakers was an update to the Terms and Service for the application.

With regards to Airplay 2, as you are aware there is a plan to release this function, however we have no information as to when this will be released. please keep an eye out on our community forums as we will place this as a sticky post for everyone to view.

@Rob - We are sorry to hear that this has happened after the update was released. Could you confirm what you mean as to the Tunein stations being unstable for us and we can try to assist you with this.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Leon,

Yesterday morning I noticed that my favorite radiostation on preset 1 had problems with the playback, it lost it's connection for a second or 10 to 20. Because I always use the play all option my 2 ST 20 speakers and my wireless link adapter ( WLA ) had this problem. Alexa also had problems starting to playback all speakers and for the first time I heard Alexa naming Bose skills ( not for soundtouch ), I found that weired. I did a power cycle on my router and on the WLA but the problem still occured. Also I noticed that both ST 20's had a instable Rx Rate it dropped from 150 Mbps to 6 and one of the speakers had a static IP.

Yesterday afternoon I started playing music from my NAS without any problem and also connected to Bluetooth I had no problem playing music.

This morning everything seems to be working ok, I started playback using my echo dot en still have not opened my ST app on my I Mac, everything still going strong.

I did a uninstall and reinstall of the app on my I mac yesterday. This afternoon I will turn on the app on my I mac to see if everthing stays OK.

Keep you updated.

regards ,

Rob
2019-03-01 09.00.27 kopie.jpg

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi,

Had no problems yesterday afternoon and this morning. Alexa played my preset 1 instantly on all speakers. No sound drops anymore.

David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Well I did do some testing after the 20.0.8 update and everything seemed ok.

In the case of 20.0.10 update I did not perform retesting, but I did not encounter any issues with tunein radio.

I do have a current issue on one my units but it is mentioned in a different post as I do not think it is connected to the update.

The suspected echo issue seems related to the Netflix Series Episodes that were being watched at the time.

As I mentioned before, Airplay is not a priority for me, Gapless playback would really be good.