Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Soundtouch V.17 update

I updated today with no issues on a new a new Amazon Fire HD10 tablet.  I note the app info says interface 17.170.81 & the app version says 15.120.23. 

The Soundtouch 300 software version is 17.0.8

I have no commentary on any sound/bass changes since I didnt really give it any test other than make sure it all worked as before.   But it all seems AOK.

The Amazon music search works well.

So all appears good right now.  

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Soundtouch V.17 update

Just installed.  No issues.  All is good.  All was good before.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

"Many bug fixes and enhancements. "

it would be nice to see the list. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

My soundtouch 300 worked well with my samsung TV well via ARC for about 5 months, then the connection broke. One week later, I bought a Vizio and pair with it without problem via ARC. But a few days later, it stopped working and while I am troubleshooting, the app forced the firmware update to 17.0.8. Still not working after the update. The TV could not find the ARC device. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for the reports.

@SteveOreno: I'll see if I can get a detailed list.

@sye: I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having.  What troubleshooting steps (if any) have you tried?

-Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

I updated to the latest firmware 17.0.8 and it mentions in the release notes that it address the aux in broadcast issues - I have an Echo Dot connected to the line in and when I envoke multiroom using the Dot connected to my SoundTouch 30 and several other Dots connected to various far cheaper Speakers , the only speaker that’s out of sync is the Bose and this latest update has not resolved it ! Very frustrating, it’s enough to make me consider selling the newly acquired Bose range !
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Just updated my ST 10 to 17.0.8 and the bass was reduced a lot. Has anyone else noticed this?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

V17

Adaptiq is working much better now..

The magical sound, Bass & Thunder are back. (default Bass setting and more are very good).

Working fine with Samsung KS8000 TV.

Great job Bose Team!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Hi Pat,
I would also like to confirm my bass is back to thunder levels again. Pat may I ask did you run adaptiq after the v17 update again ? Do you think that improved sound even more ?
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@Animal wrote:
Hi Pat,
I would also like to confirm my bass is back to thunder levels again. Pat may I ask did you run adaptiq after the v17 update again ? Do you think that improved sound even more ?

Hi Animal,

Until now I was running standard v16 without Adaptiq because I didn't like it as it was in earlier versions but on v17 with Adaptiq I can't be really negative about it, Even though with my setup they have measured my AM300 and it is a little bit more powerfull than intended from factory the sound is great, I purchased the VI300s recently so I have the full system now and with v17 It is quite impressive again I must say and it beats $ono$ with ease.

I'm really interested in the opinions of other users about the soundexperience as it is now...

Greetings