Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2015

Soundtouch adapter dropping connection

I have a Lifestyle 235 Serie II with a SoundTouch WiFi Adapter connected. After the last software update the adapter looses the Wifi connection after being using another source via the Lifestyle system (e.g. Cable TV). The system starts playing music via SoundTouch for some few seconds sometime minutes and then the Wifi breaks. I need to disconnect the cable between the system and the adapter after which I need to reconfirm to use the specific Wifi network, After that I can play music/radio without any problems until next time I want to see e.g. TV. Then the Wifi breaks again when trying to play music via the SoundTouch. So I believe it is someway related to the latest software upgrade since it worked earlier. Any help with problem. Best regards Flemming
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch adapter dropping connection

Hi Flemming,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.  This is an issue that has been identified and is being investigated by the engineering team.  As of now, there is no known resolution to fix this.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

My Bose Lifestyle 235 Series III has exactly the same issue. Is there any news about a potential bugfix? 'SoundTouch' simply does no longer show up in the source menu. And via the app on my iPad and iPhone I got the message that the 'system is playing another source'. Thanks in advance to Bose for a swift reply.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Bdemeire,

Thanks for the question.  There will be a fix in the near future, but I cannot say exactly when (as the software team hasn't given a date yet).  I would stay tuned to the forum for more information.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Hi, I constantly get this problem, I have ever sinve purchasing the system. My Soundtouch 20 speakers connect faultlessly every time I use the system, the Lifestyle, if it connects, soon desconnects and sys it is playing from another source, I am about to sell my system but last ditch attempt to find a solution, all the countless upgrades seem to achieve nothing in this area, apart from produce confusing GUIs

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Julianbr,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the SoundTouch ecosystem.

So your lifestyle system keeps disconnecting and saying it's playing another source?  Does the system work if you use to watch TV?

Which lifestyle system do you have?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support