cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obinna
Registered since

Jul 22, 2016

Soundtouch always losing network connection

I've had the Lifestyle Soundtouch 135 for almost a year (solid system, nice sound & cool design), and every other time I try to use Soundtouch to listen to Pandora or something else, I get the 'no network connection' error. I go through the unity setup which sets up the network just fine, but when I return to Soundtouch it still says 'no network'. Sometimes I have to press the button at the back of the soundtouch to reset the Wifi network. It works for a while, and then a few days later I try again and I get the 'no network' error.
Why does this happen consistently?
4 REPLIES 4
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch always losing network connection

Hi Obinna, 
Does this error appear on your TV screen or on your computer/mobile device? What is the make and model of your router? Can you give it a 30 second power cycle? Can you try to power cycle the Bose as well? If the power cycle's fail, can you try to factory default your adapter? HERE are steps on how to default the adapter. 
Can you try to plug the ethernet cable into another jack on the router? Can you try another ethernet cable? Are you using any additional access points, repeaters or ethernet over power adapters in your setup?
Thank you 
Obinna
Registered since

Jul 22, 2016

Hi Brent,
Thanks for the response.  The error appears on the TV. On the mobile app, it simply says something like "no device found" (sorry I can't remember the exact message).
My router is Verizon FiOS-G1100. I'll try power-cycling the Bose system & the router as well next time it happens.
When it happened, I plugged the ethernet cable to a different jack on the router, and even switched cables. Still the same issue.
I do have ethernet over power adapter, but the Bose is plugged in directly to the router.
This happens intermittently. After getting it working again by pressing the button behind the soundtouch adapter to rejoin the Wifi, it may work for a few days or so. I then try it again at another date, and get the 'no network connection' error.
At the moment it's working fine, so I'm not too worried.
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

If the issue returns, Try removing the Power-line adapter from the mix by unplugging it temporarily. Especially if this adapter is broadcasting the Wi-Fi to another portion of the home rather than just providing hard-wired connections.  These types of devices can sometimes cause communication/detection issues between SoundTouch components on the network. 
Let us know if you need further help.
RoyBaz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

I have a similar problem with my SoundTouch portable. Pretty much every time I try to access it via the app on either our phones or tablets I get the 'Searching for system on network' message. I have to manually reconnect the SoundTouch and then get exactly the same problem next time I try.   We bought the portable first, then intended to steadily replace our DAB Waves until we had a complete SoundTouch home network. Right now, I'd prefer Bose to give me my money back and I'll get a Sonos system like the faultless one my brother bought!  Hugely frustrating 😬