JOELPTRS
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

Soundtouch app and iOS 14

HI after iOS 14 update, I can't detect any of my Soundtouch speakers without rebooting the speaker. This will work for a while then they will disappear again. I was working nicely prior to update. However I believe they are still connected to the network/internet. As I can stream music via the hardware link (iTunes Radio). Any one else is experiencing similar issues?

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Soundtouch app and iOS 14

Hey @JOELPTRS,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. Have you had any changes made to your environments such as moving of the speakers or a new WiFi router or internet provider?

Have you been able to try resetting your device used for SoundTouch? You may be experiencing sync issues so this would be recommend. Also, have you tested the app on another device to compare if you're having the same trouble detecting speakers?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JOELPTRS
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

hi, the environment remains the same. Just tried it on my ipad. same thing. if I reset the power it works for a couple of hours. I have st 300 and a few ST 10, all are having the same issues.

Kjd1212
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

This Exact same thing happened to us. It happened on my iPhone when I upgraded to iOS 14. Then it happened on my husband’s iPad when he upgraded. We can no longer connect to either of our SoundTouch speakers. Every time we put them back on the network they just fall off again.

JOELPTRS
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

I managed to get one speaker ST 300 sound bar to be consistently connected via wired. But that’s not possible for the rest of my other speakers. I don’t know what else to do to be honest

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion.

@JOELPTRS, it's great to hear you've managed to get the soundbar to be consistently available. As you managed to get this working using an ethernet cable, it sounds like there might be a setting in your network that is stopping the app from being able to find the speakers on the Wi-Fi. I'd definitely advise looking into whether your router is set to our recommended router settings to make sure it is optimized for SoundTouch. You can find these settings HERE.

I'd also recommend that you take a look at these settings as well @Kjd1212, as this will help. If either of you are unsure how to find these settings, your internet service provider, or the manufacturer of the router will be able to help with this.

For both of you, I'd also recommend trying the steps shown HERE if you have any issues after changing those settings.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!