Charlotte_G

Re: Soundtouch app keeps wanting an update

Hello Temple60,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that you're having some trouble with using the SoundTouch installer. 

Are you running Mac OS X Catalina? - If so, please follow these steps to bypass this:

Click the Apple logo in the top left > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Click the General tab. There should be a section towards the bottom of the window that says 'Allow apps downloaded from:' with the message "SoundTouch-osx-installer" was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer." Click the Open Anyway button. (You may need to click the lock to be able to make changes).

Please let me know if this is successful.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jar2708
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

I got the same message for months, until I get to solution, just download the app, right before u click open the app, go to Settings-Security and Privacy and open the lock at the bottom left, next click on App Store and others developers, now open de sound touch app, that's it, u can close that options again if u want.

Now the issue that I have if I cant add my library on my Mac, I hope somebody else already resolve this ! enjoy it!

ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I also am having the update issue from the soundtouch app.  I am running Mojave on my

mac and have tried un-installing and re-installing the app with no success.  Please let me

know how to proceed.

Thanks

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

@ljenson, If the app is saying it needs an update but won't install it, you will need to download the latest version from our website and install it that way. You can find the latest version of the SoundTouch app HERE.

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Hi Keith,

That solved my problem.  

Thanks