Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Soundtouch app : reorder speakers

Hi

Is there a way to reorder the speakers as they appear in the Soundtouch app ? They seem to appear in the order they were added to the system, but this order is not suitable in my case. Can this be changed, or do I have to remove and re-add them ?

If I have to remove them, does this mean I'll have to set up the wifi of the speakers all over again (it was a real pain since I could never get it to work via wifi, had to do it by connecting the speaker to my PC via USB).

Thanks for your help !

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch app : reorder speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by thewild

Hi thewild, 

You will need to remove and re-add them to get them in the order you would like. Doing this,however, you will not need to re-connect them to your network. Even if a speaker is removed, it still will remember your network credentials until it is factory defaulted. I hope this helps. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by thewild

Hi thewild, 

You will need to remove and re-add them to get them in the order you would like. Doing this,however, you will not need to re-connect them to your network. Even if a speaker is removed, it still will remember your network credentials until it is factory defaulted. I hope this helps. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Yes it does help, thank you.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

Seems like the ability to reorder the speakers would be a simple feature to add instead of having the user remove the devices and re-add them.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

I have 5 speakers. To get the one "on top"/default that I want to, I have to reinstall the other 4 speakers. That's primitive and, I'm sorry to say, exemplary for the Soundtouch-app.

I have 4 Soundtouch 20-speakers and 1 Soundtouch 300-system (the soundbar and the base module), all together around 3200 euros. Hands down the worst investment I did in hifi, ever. The worst problem is the regular disconnections; listening to your favorite music and then it's suddenly silent. Ah, the horror!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Laurens,

Thank you for your honest feedback. The ability to personalize the order in which multiple SoundTouch speakers are stored would be a great feature. I'd be happy to pass this along. We strive to continuously better our products and the overall user experience. Your feedback helps us to do so. 

As for the disconnection issues you are experiencing, I'd recommend starting a new thread with some additional details pertaining to this issue. We'd be more than happy to assist and will do what we can to better your experience!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Hi Brian,

Your predecessor Brent got the message late december 2016. I'm sure he "passed it on" then, but unfortunately nothing has changed. But please, do try again.

I have a question; if I'm, for example, in my bathroom and I want to listen to some music whilst showering, but "Bathroom" is *not* on the top of my speaker-list (that I cannot rearrange unless reinstalling speakers), the Soundtouch-app asks me to first start some music before I can open the Bathroom-speaker. In other words; I have to start playing music over the top-listed/default speaker before I can add/switch to my bathroom speaker. Now that can't be right, can it?! How should I go about this? 

And about the connection-issues; I know where this thread would lead; going through the entire internet- and LAN-connection; provider, router, bridges and access point. I know my knowledge of all this is not great but certainly at or even above average. Once I've added my speakers to the local network, I expect to be able to manage them from the Soundtouch-app from anywhere on the planet, independant if I'm in the same wifi-area or channel or on G3 - G5 or whatever. Today I was having a bath with some classical music on. When I wanted to turn it off, the connection had been lost and I couldn't. Even after I got up to reconnect to the "correct" wifi-signal (I have several in my house) I could only switch the speaker in the bathroom off. The other four kept on playing the internet-radio-station. Sound/music is way too sensitive a thing to have that kind of thing going on, is my humble opinion.  

Kind regards,

Laurens Eekman

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Laurens wrote: I have a question; if I'm, for example, in my bathroom and I want to listen to some music whilst showering, but "Bathroom" is *not* on the top of my speaker-list (that I cannot rearrange unless reinstalling speakers), the Soundtouch-app asks me to first start some music before I can open the Bathroom-speaker. In other words; I have to start playing music over the top-listed/default speaker before I can add/switch to my bathroom speaker. Now that can't be right, can it?! How should I go about this? 

What ?? No !
You open the app, then you open the speaker selection pannel, then you swipe until you are on your bathroom speaker, then you close/swipe down the pannel. You'll see that your speaker is selected (it's name is visible at the bottom of the screen), so whenever you start playing some music it will start playing on that speaker.
Precision : smartphone UI. I seldom use the tablet UI so it might be slightly different. But the point is that you can start playing music on the selected speaker right away, of course.