Highlighted
AmbuTom
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Soundtouch app update suggestions

I didn't find a post so I start one...

What app functionality do you want implement within the soundtouch app? Hopefully some of them will be added....

For now, I would like to:

• set bass level (like with remote)
  • source selection (aux, tv, movie, etc)
  • mute
  • set dialogue mode 
  • adjust equalizer
  • ???
5 REPLIES 5
audiolover
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Re: Soundtouch app update suggestions

Bass levels can already be adjusted through the app. As for feature suggestions, don’t hold your breath. Bose has ignored most demanded features with no explanation
DIMM
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2016

Yes I agree totally I have been waiting for years for them to update this APP to be equal to SONOS but it looks like that will never happen. I believe that with in time they just going to phase out sound touch and that would be really sad because people including my self have spent thousands and thousands of dollars trusting and believing in Bose.

AmbuTom
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

When I look in the app, I can only change the mid-tones. Not the bass levels. Am I missing something?

(And I still have the hope that extra features will be implemented in the app.)

Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

@AmbuTom- which SoundTouch speakers do you have?  At least with the SoundTouch 10, 20 and 30, the bass can be adjusted inside the app but there is no way to adjust anything else about the sound other than volume.  

As for features I'd like to see, though I fully expect to never see any of them except for Airplay 2, even though some are really basic things for consumer audio products:

• Airplay 2
  • Google Home
  • fast forward/rewind/seek inside of a track
  • Sleep timer
  • Alarm
  • IFTTT integration
  • More than 6 presets, even if only through the app and not through the physical hardware
  • Improvements to Alexa integration, like ability to command Alexa to play music from Spotify on SoundTouch

AmbuTom
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Ah... So there are different options for each speaker. I have the ST 300. (Saving money for future 10 or 20 for my kitchen and bedroom)

Thanks for the list. Although I have my doubts, I hope Bose will update the app with some easy implement features.