Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Soundtouch app with qnap NAS - limited number of folders?

Hi

I have bought two soundtouch 10 last week. Intenetradio works fine and I am very satisfied with the sound.

But I have some trouble with implementing my QNAP NAS (TS-219+/actual firmware):
1. (More a feedback to the app)

1a. I can open my music library by using the standard options (album, artist, ...). Since I have lots of music a "stupid" list in alpahbetical order is a little bit confusing. Some sorting/filtering elements (e.g. go to "c") would be very helpful.

1b. OK. No problen. Just searching for an artist --> Leads to a list with all songs. Here I would expect a classification by album and not just the titles.

Especially when you have more than one album of a artist you maybe have the same song multiple times. And also it is not possible to play a album directly from the search results.

This leads directly to #2:

I thought about looking for some artist/album by using the "by folder" option (directly going through the directories on the NAS). This works fine until I have more the ??? subfolders. The ??? is at a minimum 28 folders. I can open a folder with 4 subfolders, but not one with 28 subfolders. The app stops with error code  1601 (library not found). I can go back and play songs normaly. So I assume there is no problem with the NAS or the connection

Hope you understand my problem and can give me a hint on #2. On #1 it would be great to know if it's planned to implement such features. Or some explanation if I am just too blind to find these options.

Thanks for reading and an answer in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Re: Soundtouch app with qnap NAS - limited number of folders?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Patrick1234

Hi

I have tried different things.

At least a deactivation and later activation of the medialibrary on the NAS has solved the issues. Works fine since a few weeks now.

Thanks for help.

Regards

Patrick

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello Patrick1234,

The SoundTouch application will pull what structure of the folders and all information from the NAS drive itself. Curiously which DLNA server are you using on the QNAP drive? We have seen success with users using Twonky DLNA media server with the SoundTouch application.

Can you also confirm that the QNAP drive is fully up to date?

Let us know the answers to those questions, and we can certainly take it from there. Thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Thanks for your answer. Was really helpful for me.

Now I understand the system a little bit better, but still it does not work properly.

I found the option and activated the twonky media server. Now everything works fine (folder strucure, speed, ..). I can also listen to the music from my NAS.

Problem: The next day it does not play any song (I can see and activate them). Regarding other topics here I have made a hard reset ot the speakers, removed and added them again to the app, recreated the music library on the NAS. After this it works fine again.

The next day again no music. This time I have just recreated the music library to play some music.

Next day no sound...

I can acces and play music from the NAS via Twonky with windows Media player. So I assume that it is a communication problem between NAS/App.

Another interesting thing: The first time I try to start the music (on the "next days"), I can hear the first second of the song. And that's all.

The NAS has the latest update (4.3.3.0299). Internetradio or playing from the local library (Soundtouch PC app for Win 10) works fine.

Thanks again for your fast support. Even on stupid and /or confusing questions 🙂

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Patrick1234,

Thanks for the update.  Do you have to do all of those steps in order to restore playback from the NAS drive?  Can we see if maybe one specific step temporarily resolves the issue?

When you aren't able to play music from the NAS, do you get a specific error message?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Patrick1234

Hi

I have tried different things.

At least a deactivation and later activation of the medialibrary on the NAS has solved the issues. Works fine since a few weeks now.

Thanks for help.

Regards

Patrick

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Glad to hear it!  We'll close this thread as resolved.