Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bretmc2002
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Soundtouch continually cuts out and shuts off

On a daily basis my Sountouch will cut in out or just shut down.  I have four speakers on my network and will happen to one, two, three, or all of them.  This occurs via BlueTooth or WiFI.  My system and speakers have been updated and this continues to happen.  I have 2 SoundTouch 10s Series III and 2 SoundTouch 20s Series III.  I have the fatest internet that can be purchased so ther should be an issue with that.
Is there an easy fix?
1 REPLY 1
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch continually cuts out and shuts off

Hi OriginalSoulMan,
Depending on a few factors, what you describe could be an issue with wi-fi signal strength, or with wi-fi bandwidth. We'll discuss both below:

• Signal strength: To look into this possibility, start by checking on what RSSI value each of your four speakers reports.

• Bandwidth availability: While most routers can connect a large number of devices at once, only a fixed amount of data can be sent across the wireless connection at once. If other devices in the home are also on the Wi-Fi using bandwidth, they may interfere.Try either hard-wiring these devices by ethernet, or reducing the amount of data they are transferring via your Wi-Fi connection. These can include:
    • TVs, game systems, or other home theater components streaming audio or video (via netflix, hulu or similar services)
    • Computers streaming media, gaming, or sharing files via Peer 2 Peer systems.
    • Security or smart-home systems which use the Wi-Fi
    • Cloud back-up  systems.

Please look into both possibilities and let us know what you find. Thank you.