brettski1968
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Soundtouch controller not compatible with sa-5

Hi
Why not make the Soundtouch controller compatible with the SA-5??
I bought one to use with my Soundtouch 30, so kids could also play and control music if I wasn't home, or was handy if my phone was on the charger. I have since upgraded to the SA-5 and put the Soundtouch 30 in another room, but now I can't use the Soundtouch Controller with the SA-5, so I have a recently purchased $100 accessory that is now nothing more than a paperweight.
Also ,when can we expect the SA-5 update to correct the lack of bass issue that many people have supplied feedback on ??
Appreciate any feedback.
Cheers
Brett

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Soundtouch controller not compatible with sa-5

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your question. Our SoundTouch controller was initially designed to be a device that allows quick, easy access to music. The feedback, however, we received from early series users was that they were using their systems predominantly with our mobile app on their phones and tablets. We recognize that some owners still would prefer to dedicate these controllers in their home as the primary means of accessing their speaker, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

As for the SA-5 update, although I don’t have a concrete date, it will most likely be available in the next update within the upcoming weeks. I hope this helps.

Thank you

masv1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2016

I have the same problem, today i bought the soundtouch controller, and the "CONNECT SOUND TOUCH CONTROLLER" option don´t apear in the soundtouch app (mac version). Is there another way to pair the controller? can you help me? Thanks     Miguel S.
Highlighted

Masv1,
As Brett and Brent discussed above, the SA-5 amp is not compatible with the discontinued SoundTouch Controller accessory. Because it is not compatible the option to pair them will not appear in the software. 
Hope this clarifies.
GS007
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Hi, is there already any news on the update for the SA-5 and hopefully also for my soundtouch 220 home system that the soundtouch controller will become compatible with these products. I have searched for such a controller and now it is useless for me. I had based my decision on the following bose webpage, confirming that the controller works on any wifi soundtouch system: https://soundtouch.force.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SIhttps://soundtouch.force....
Thank you for your information. Gert S.
MrFox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

I have the same complaint and wish to have a dedicated controller (not a smartphone app) to control the SA-5 quickly like the other Soundtouch systems. It's the best feature of the Soundtouch system to be able to grab the remote and press a single button and your favorite station is filling the room with music.
MrFox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

I am concerned about where you get your feedback then. Or perhaps the survey was written poorly and thus the answers interpreted incorrectly. A remote for ANY Soundtouch system is obviously a keystone element to include. Please hurry with this request so your existing customers don't defect and sales plummet. I'll be anxiously awaiting the Bose Controller and SA-5 compatibility until I defect.
MrFox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

It's stupid isn't it? A simple logic would tell you that the feedback is wrong and to include backwards compatibility for the Controller. I think Bose got cheap is all. Stepping over dollars to save pennies. Which is silly for a billion dollar worldwide company.