waltzim
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Soundtouch error 4101

This is becoming infuriating now.  I am using my iphone Soundtouch App v.21.0.7 with my iPhone iOS 12.3.1.  I have followed all of the recommendations regarding the error code 4101, which evidently has something to do with Soundtouch and Amazon Music not playing well together.  I have unistalled and reinstalled both the Soundtouch app, along with the Amazon account and I am still having the same issue.  All of a sudden about 3 weeks ago my Amazon Music stopped working on my Soundtouch App.  Honest to goodness Bose can make some outrageous speakers and headphones, but you'd think they would hire the same quality programers to design and build their software applications!  What is the fix for Error Code 4101?!?!?!?!   

1 REPLY 1
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch error 4101

Hi there @waltzim

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with our SoundTouch app and would be happy to help!

As you have said that you've already tried the steps relating to this, can I ask that you check the following for me, if not already done so?

1) As you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, please perform the same steps that you have tried before with another device (e.g. another mobile device, laptop/computer)! 

2) As you have also already removed Amazon as a service, then added Amazon back, can I ask if this only occurs when you hit shuffle, or when you select a specific track?

3) If this occurs only when selecting shuffle, please select a playlist, start playing the first song, then hold down the song and add this as a preset. From here, select a different preset/track, then go back and re-select the Amazon Playlist preset. Now, select Shuffle and test this again!

4) If this is occurring with whatever track is selected, please test this with the second device as mentioned above!

Please get back to me to let me know how this goes, and what happens when you perform the above!

-Liam W - Community Support