Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Soundtouch for outdoor?

I have 3 SA-5's in my house, and would love to bring my wi-fi multi-room system outside.  Anyone know if Bose plans on coming out with a version of the Soundtouch 10, 20 or 30 which will be rated for outdoor use?  I know I could purchase one and just plug it in outside, but I'd like to just keep one outside all the time, vs having to bring it out each time I'd like to use it.

Thans!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Re: Soundtouch for outdoor?

@gabrielmichaels wrote:

I have 3 SA-5's in my house, and would love to bring my wi-fi multi-room system outside.  Anyone know if Bose plans on coming out with a version of the Soundtouch 10, 20 or 30 which will be rated for outdoor use?  I know I could purchase one and just plug it in outside, but I'd like to just keep one outside all the time, vs having to bring it out each time I'd like to use it.

Thans!

I have my SA-4 installed inside and run speaker wire outside to my permanently mounted outdoor speakers. Any reason you wouldn’t want to do this?

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi gabrielmichaels

Thanks for posting in the community!

We currently don't have any weather resistant SoundTouch systems on the road map at this point.  I would recommend what @bartlowj mentioned.  The 251s and 151s are fully weather resistant and should match up with the SA-5 brilliantly.

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Right. That’s the best case scenario, but it’s not easy to accomplish in my yard, so was looking for other possible options. Thx
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Right. That’s the best case scenario but not as easy in my Back Yard. I was simply looking for other more cost efficient solutions.