mmaurer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2016

Soundtouch makes loud drop noise intermittent sound

I have a SoundTouch120 sound system about last week I noticed that occasionally the TV would make a weird drop like noise almost like audio feedback and then slowly the reciver would stop pushing sound... It's almost like connectivity is an issue but when I check the TV speakers the receiver reconizes the bose receiver and sounds sound should be going through it.... I've tried a factory reset, changed the CEC to alternate nothing chnages... It will be good for about 10 to 15 minutes and then it just gets worse... One last thing and I don't know if this makes a difference but the Receiver use to say "TV LPCM 2.0" ... It now just say TV until I push the volume up or down.... 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch makes loud drop noise intermittent sound

Hello mmaurer,

Thank you for post.

That does seem like an odd issue that you are running into. Have you tried a different cable in between the Bose Console and TV? Are you currently using HDMI or optical between them? 

Let us know the results so we can help you further.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
mmaurer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2016

It's hooked up to my Samsung Smart TV via a HDMI cable that plugs into the TV ARC

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi mmaurer

Thanks for getting back to us!  Have you been able to try a new high speed HDMI cable between the TV and the Bose console?  

Also has the console been updated before?  If can provide the version, we can check for you.  Just turn on the system and hold down the red button on the bottom of the controller until the software appears on the display.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
mmaurer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2016

When I hot the Red button I see 010401 1.4.1 ...
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello mmaurer

Thanks for getting back to us!

It does look like the console has missed a few updates.  I would recommend updating the console and all other devices if available.  If you have the SoundTouch Wireless adapter, you should be able to open the SoundTouch app and it should prompt an update.  If you do not, HERE are the steps to manually update the console.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A