magodwin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Re: Soundtouch multiple speakers cannot play all via app on Airplay.

Bose must have a real problem with Apple becuase this is what I get now trying to logon to the Bose Community using Safari !

Sorry, something went wrong!
We're working to get everything working again and appreciate your patience.

Error Details:?error={
    "errorCode":500001,
    "errorMessage":"General+Server+Error",
    "callId":"51d7cae7e8064278836cb57461a899b0",
    "errorDescription":"An+unexpected+error+has+occured."
}
Bram
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Any updates?

Hello All,

Airplay using the Play All feature is no longer supported in 18.x. The infrastructure was not in place since it wasn't intended to be a feature. Rather than providing a less than reliable experience, support for the unintended ability was not added. This was something that we didn’t realize was working in the 17.x update. To continue using multi-room Airplay, you can use iTunes on a Mac or PC.  

Kind Regards,

Joel

Bram
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Thank you for that update Joel.

Not what I was expecting or hoping to hear...

So what are the alternatives you can suggest for people with only an iPad?

Because due to the update you basically rendered my SoundTouch 10's and thus home cinema setup useless.

Angryofm
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Joel you say that the Airplay All feature was unintended as you don’t want us to have an ‘unreliable experiance’ and yet that is exactly what many of us here are having with the app on an ongoing basis...

‘in fact the ‘Airplay All’ feature worked quite well- just as well as a lot of the other BASIC features of the app!

it was close to perfect with 2 or 3 ST’s but it did struggle to play the Airplay source to all 6 of my ST’s....

Better than nothing though, which is what we have now....

Highlighted
bballman360
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

I agree with AngryFm.  I have lost 2 main features that I used frequently.  FIrst, the Airplay play all function is taken away which was the main way I used my 3 speaker.  Now, I cannot play my turntable through the Aux cord to all 3 of my speakers because them not being synced.  I am done with Bose and will look to another company for my audio needs.

magodwin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hello Joel - You mentioned in your post :

" To continue using multi-room Airplay, you can use iTunes on a Mac or PC.  "

I'm using iTunes on a MAC and this is the exact feature that was taken away from the update 17 to 18 of the SoundTouch App so please can you explain how I use the multi-room Airplay fro iTunes on a MAC ? Im confuswd ny your reply ?

I have a ST20 with Airplay and a new ST 10

Regards Mark

Hello @Bram,

Thank you for the reply. You can still take advantage of Bluetooth from your iPad to one of your systems and once the stream starts, you can then open up the SoundTouch application and select "Play All".

Hi @magodwin,

To clarify my statement, Airplay functionality is built into iTunes, but will on be able to select the ST20 and not the ST10. You can however still Bluetooth as mentioned above, but from your MAC computer. Then you can open the SoundTouch application and select "Play All" to stream to both speakers.

Kind Regards,

Joel