Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2016

Soundtouch not available ("Searching for speaker")

I have 4 Soundtouch speakers. At least one of them (2 right now) are not available. I mean they are visible within the app but I can't control them and the app is "Searching for speaker". I'm running a Netgear Orbi mesh network with one base and 2 satellites. Wifi coverage is excellent throughout the house (I checked every speaker location).

I can eventually get it back running by connecting it to the network again through the app, or by resetting the speaker(s) but this is super annoying since this happens about once a week.

I've had the system for 4 years now and have never found an effective solution. 

What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch not available ("Searching for speaker")

Hello FCPTX, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some connection issues with your SoundTouch speakers for some time now. I would love to offer some assistance to resolve this for you. 

I'd like to direct you HERE where another moderator has talked about our recommended router settings which you may find useful. You can find this on page 1, 6 posts down by @Keith_L.

Once you have tested these, get back to me and let me know if there is any improvement. I will be more than happy to assist you further if needed.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Soundtouch 10 speaker not found

This issue has plagued me ever since I bought the Soundtouch speaker. Sometimes the app on my phone finds the speaker but there are many times when it doesn't.

The speaker is currently turned on and using the internet to broadcast an internet radio station. so now I start the Soundtouch app on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and what happens.....

'Hmmm, can't find any of your speakers...'

So I try to reconnect the speaker - why I should do this I'm not sure as it must be connected to the WiFi or it wouldn't be broadcasting a radio station.

But now it needs help in setup mode. I select the soundtouch 10 image then press & hold '2' & the down volume for 5 seconds. The LEDs on the speaker flash & the left-most one remains on in orange/amber. Now, 'Please wait....

I'm still waiting after about 5 mins. So what do I do? The only option on the screen is to 'cancel'. I'm told to reconnect my device to my wifi network. I do this and then I'm back at the searching for my speakers screen again.

Where does this end? The LED on the speaker is still orange. Do I remove the speaker & start all over again? I spend more time messing with this app than actually listening to the speaker.

Here we go again, I'm back in Setup mode in the app. Sometimes the app works but not just now. Is there a conflict with the Samsung Galaxy S7?

Some time ago I got so tired of it that I took the speaker back the retailer who managed to connect my speaker to his network using a laptop & a cable. Is this what I have to do. I have already been down the path of doing a factory reset of the speaker but what frustrates me is that the speaker is working on the network, just not visible in the app on my phone.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 speaker not found

Hello Enterprise,

Welcome to the forums. 

The troubleshooting you have completed so far is great! There are also some great steps in the post above by @Charlotte_G.  

Also, the steps on this thread here should help too, let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!