Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlgilbert7
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Soundtouch not playing on 1 of 6 SA-5 Amps

I have 6 SA-5 Amps all connected via Ethernet cables.  I like to blue-tooth the music from my computer to the Office amplifier and then add the rest of the rooms of the house.  The kitchen amplifier will not play at all.  It used to occasionally drop the connection after a few hours.  When I add the Kitchen to the Office Group, it appears (but no sound) for less than a minute and then drops off the group.

I have tried resetting the amp.  It works with the streaming radio stations as well as blue tooth sources directly to the Kitchen amp.  I have also reset my computer which is hosting the music.

I also just tried using local radio on the Kitchen, and then tried adding other rooms to the Kitchen Group.  No sound on any of the additional rooms, and they dropped out of the group within a minute.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch not playing on 1 of 6 SA-5 Amps

Author Accepted Answer selected by mlgilbert7

Hi mlgilbert7,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

You have done a lot of great troubleshooting with this already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know! Testing the amp on it's own, resetting it and the computer, and starting the group from the amp to test are all really helpful steps to take!

From what you have found with your testing, it does sound like something in your network is stopping this SA-5 from communicating with the others correctly. Do you have all your amplifiers connected directly to your router with the ethernet cables? Do any of them connect to extenders or ethernet switches at all?

If you were to swap which ethernet port the "kitchen" SA-5 is connected to with one of the other amps, would you be able to add the amp to a group then?

One thing that would definitely be worth trying is a reboot of your router. To do this, disconnect the router from power for at least 30 seconds then plug it back in. Once it has booted back up, try grouping your speakers and see how it goes!

I'd also recommend making sure your router has our Recommended Router Settings applied, so it is optimized for the amps. Some of the settings won't apply as you are using ethernet cables, but it is worth checking them all to be safe!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by mlgilbert7

Hi mlgilbert7,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

You have done a lot of great troubleshooting with this already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know! Testing the amp on it's own, resetting it and the computer, and starting the group from the amp to test are all really helpful steps to take!

From what you have found with your testing, it does sound like something in your network is stopping this SA-5 from communicating with the others correctly. Do you have all your amplifiers connected directly to your router with the ethernet cables? Do any of them connect to extenders or ethernet switches at all?

If you were to swap which ethernet port the "kitchen" SA-5 is connected to with one of the other amps, would you be able to add the amp to a group then?

One thing that would definitely be worth trying is a reboot of your router. To do this, disconnect the router from power for at least 30 seconds then plug it back in. Once it has booted back up, try grouping your speakers and see how it goes!

I'd also recommend making sure your router has our Recommended Router Settings applied, so it is optimized for the amps. Some of the settings won't apply as you are using ethernet cables, but it is worth checking them all to be safe!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

mlgilbert7
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

When I reset the router other amps would not play.  Eventually found out I had 2 routers conflicting with each other.  Removed the second, everything is wonderful.