Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lowerider4
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2016

Soundtouch not responding all the time

yesterday I just installed my freestyle 51s and when I went to use my SA-5 it worked fine until I went back into the app on my iPad to change the volume and it keep saying system not found. I tried my soundtouch wave and same with this as well.  It kept dropping the system and saying not available yet it was still playing. It also was doing it on my iPhone as well. Eventually it would come back and let me change it but usually took a few minutes. I know people that have the soundtouch system and also sonos and neither one of their systems do this. Any suggestions
1 REPLY 1
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch not responding all the time

Lowerider4,
If your SA-5 system has no difficulty continuing to play music while this problem happens, then we know that it is not having any difficulty connecting to the network or the internet. Only difficulty communicating with your iPad & iPhone.
If system detection from both your iOS devices is intermittent then we may have to look at your network setup in order to isolate the problem.

1. Does your home router broadcast multiple network names? (SSID's) These might show up on your iPhone's Wi-fi list as an alternate "Guest" or "5G" version of your standard network.
  2. What is the Brand and model # on the main router, and is it a Dual Band device?
  3. Do you use any secondary Wi-Fi access points to increase the range on your network (Extenders, Repeaters, Power Line adapters, etc.)

Let us know.