Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Soundtouch randomly stops streaming radio

I have an approx. 5 years old soundtouch system which I use for internet radio.

The system will all the time randomly get quiet for 5-20 seconds and then start playing again (without me interferring). If I change channel or use the remote to again choose the same channel the system will immediatelt start streaming again. I cannot recall that this problem has ever happened when streaming spotify from my iPhone.

This is really annoying and I would be glad to get help to solve this.

/Niklas

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Soundtouch randomly stops streaming radio

Hi Niklas,

Curiously have you attempted to reboot the system by pressing and holding on the AUX button on top of the system until you see a progress bar displayed on the screen? Also, have you tried to reboot the router by unplugging the power cord for a full two minutes, then plugging it back in?

If the above does not resolve the issue, what would be the RSSI of the speakers? You can find this by following the instructions linked below:

Determining the received signal strength

Let us know how the above goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hi Michael,

I have updated the software today and also done a reboot as suggested.

I have since I bhought this unit changed my router, rebooted it several time (last time a couple of minutes ago).

The unit menu says that RSSI of the speaker is GOD (in Swedish) which would be GOOD in English.

The problem is still there.

This problem has been since I bhought the unit.

Br,

Niklas

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Another thing worth mentioning is that when this problem occurs I can change channel with the remote and then back to the same channel again and then it will immediately start working again.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Also another thing. My internet provider has a domain called .ax which is not very well known in the world. This sometimes causes problems with other services, could this have something to do with ny problem?

Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I have now also tested by connecting the soundthouch via ethernet cable, there are no interruptions then. I have other units which I use my wifi for and there are problems with that service, for example streaming tv over wifi works fine.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Nils,

Thanks for testing and posting the updates!  Glad to hear that it's working ok with Ethernet.  

Are you using any Wi-Fi repeaters or extenders in your house?

Could you try moving the SoundTouch system to within one meter of your router and testing to see if Wi-Fi does any better?  Obviously this isn't a permanent solution, but will help narrow down where the issue lies.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hi,

I have my internet coming into the house in the basement. From there I have an ethernet cable to the floor above. This ethernet cable is connected into a wifi router which I use to connect to the Soundthouch.

I placed the soundthouch next to the wifi router but the problem still exists.

/Niklas

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Niklas,

Thanks for the info, and for trying that step.

You say this doesn't happen when playing via Spotify app, using Spotify Connect.  Does this happen with all sources through the SoundTouch app?  The sources we would want to test (if you haven't already) would be Internet Radio, TuneIn, and Music Library (if you have a computer with local music and iTunes installed).

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

some suggestions from me..

Try to disable Wifi multimedia (WMM) from your router's WLAN settings

if you use 5ghz network switch to 2.4ghz