Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Soundtouch randomly stops streaming radio

I have now shut down media and all other wifi nets than the one that I am using, which is 2.4ghz but the problem is still there.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Because of the answers to my post I have started to think that the problem could be that the radio sometimes sees other networks? If so, is there no way I can tell the radio to only use my network? Sometimes my neighbours wifi will show up in my home.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Nils,

Interference from neighboring networks can definitely impact performance, just like you have described. Since you have an older unit, it most likely does not support 5 GHz. Connecting on 5 vs. 2.4 can eliminate a decent amount of interference but if that's not an option here, we should look at other ways to optimize your network. Just like Aphex mentioned, please try to disable WMM. Also, is your router set to channel hop or is it set to a static channel? Please try to set your router to a static channel, like "1" and see if that helps. Also, if you have any other nearby electronics that communicate wirelessly, please try to unplug them and see if that helps prevent the drop outs. If it does, simply re-positioning the device causing the interference can drastically help. Let us know. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I have:

- changed from 5 to 2,4 GHz

- set router to channel 1

- shut down all other wifi channels in the house

- I have checked that no other units is nearby

- verified that the unit works perfect when streaming via Spotify or other apps that has built in connectivity to Bose

The problem with other wifi/units interferring does not make sense since it works perfect with Spotify and so on. Could something be broken in your software inside the unit? Could the unit be broken?

This is really making me loose faith in Bose (a brand that I have had and has many different units from). Should I NOT continue buying Bose products?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Nils,

Thanks for trying those steps.  

This is definitely a head scratcher.  Everything points to an issue with Wi-Fi, except that all other sources work fine via Wi-Fi.  

You say the system works with the other sources, does this include TuneIn?  The reason I ask is because TuneIn is also just a collection of Internet Radio streams.  The stations you normally listen to, do they exist in TuneIn?  If so, can we play them from there instead?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hi,

All air play functions works just fine, such as Spotify and TuneIn. It is just your built in internet radio that has this problem. And sadly this is the reason I bought the unit to begin with, to be able to listen to internet radio without using my phone or any other unit to start the radio channel.

/Niklas

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017

I have the exact same, and very frustrating problem. I am fed up with reconecting the speaker to the app only for it to drop out again after minutes. When I do get it live the link from the 30 to the 10 is equally flakey. If it does not get sorted soon the whole system is going on ebay and I’ll switch to a reliable system.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Nils,

Sorry to hear about the issues.  Do the stations you listen to on Internet Radio also exist on TuneIn?  TuneIn is another Internet Radio source that does an excellent job of adding public internet radio streams, and correcting streams that go down.  Can you check to see if you can listen on TuneIn instead?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

1. TuneIn does not have the channel I listen to
2. As I understamd it TuneIn is a service which I need to pay for, will Bose pay for that?
3. I am not interested in using the Bose system via air play. This is the main reason why I purchased this unit. It could be setup to play different streams without using air play and even my children can start a radio channel without a telephone (which they do not have).
/Niklas
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Reading this and got the same Issue

//Morgan