Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch randomly stops streaming radio

Hi Nils,

TuneIn is a free service, for which you don't even need to set up an account to use.  Just click the TuneIn source in the SoundTouch app and you can play radio stations from there.  However, this is not a solution as the station you're looking for doesn't exist there.

Can we still test it to see if the issue occurs on TuneIn  This will help with further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

TuneIn as any other service streamed via an app works just fine, as I have stated numerous times before. It is just your webradio service that has these problems. And even though TuneIn supports or not supports any channel that I would like to listen to it is NOT a solution.

As stated before, I am not interested in using the soundthouch unit via an app. The reason I bought the unit was that it could be operated via the remote control with preprogrammed channels. This in order to operate it without a smartphone (for example my children does not have a smartphone).

/Niklas

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Apologies for that.  I've refreshed myself on the past posts.

You want to listen to radio stations and switch between them using the six presets on the remote, correct?  You can do this with TuneIn and set those stations as presets.  Is there a functionality that I might be missing with recommending TuneIn?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Sorry I did not realize it was possible to set a TuneIn channel as one of the six preset channels. Then problem is solved for me. Thank you!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Nils,

No problem 🙂

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Best,

Brandon