Highlighted
Shuffle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Soundtouch shuffle

After over 6 months I am reliably informed that the Shuffle problem is finally solved, however I have not received a system update so don't know how it can be, I even uninstalled the software and re-installed latest software from Bose web-site.

Anyway the shuffle issue has not gone away it still does not work correctly on my speaker Soundtouch 20, can anybody please confirm that it has indeed been rectified and now shuffles your entire Itunes library as it should, could you please provide some sort of eveidence that in fact the problem has been fixed???

In fairness Bose has offerred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shuffle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Soundtouch shuffle

Author Accepted Answer selected by Shuffle

Brent,

No the problem is fixed, had to do a force update Volume - and Preset 4 I think it is, Shuffle working fin now so happy after 6 months.

Regards

Rob Stephens

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
biljir
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

I can confirm that, after the latest upate, shuffling is functional again. But you should have been updated by now. I understand there is a way to force an update, but I don't know what that is. Perhaps some other helpful person will know.

It's possible that whatever is keeping your system from updating automatically will also prevent a manual update. But one hopes in that case there will be some kind of message that can be reported to Bose for investigation.

Highlighted
Shuffle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Thanks for your reply, this at least gives me hope, I have just turned my speaker on and the first track I played started  with ‘H” and all subsequent tracks since then also begin with “H” so my software is not updated or not working !!!!!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Shuffle, 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this. Since this has been resolved for most users, I'd like to escalate this up to our engineering team. Can you recreate the issue, capture system and application logs, using the procedure HERE and upload them to the folder HERE?

Thank you 

Shuffle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Shuffle

Brent,

No the problem is fixed, had to do a force update Volume - and Preset 4 I think it is, Shuffle working fin now so happy after 6 months.

Regards

Rob Stephens

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

That is great to hear! 

Thank you