Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 5, 2016

Soundtouch shuts down about every 20 minutes

I've had this unit for three years and have nothing but issues with it. It frequently disconnects from wi-fi and most recently it was stuck in a software update loop that I was unable to get out of so it had to be sent to Bose for a factory restoration. Once it came back, the reboot loop was fixed but they must have not fully tested it because every 20 minutes it just shuts off, goes through the battery indicator line from start to finish and then has to be manually turned on again.
Before I call Bose, I thought i'd post here. I've done the forced restart and the factory reset but it's still cycling off about every 20 minutes.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch shuts down about every 20 minutes

Hi muhlyssa
There are power-saving automatic shut off features which will put the product to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity (no music playing and no commands received) while it is not connected to the AC power. Plugging in the AC power connection would allow the system to remain on in network-standby mode indefinitely.
Note that this feature should never engage while the power is plugged in or while music is playing. If the speaker powers down and shows no Wi-Fi LED in either of these two situations then we definitely have a problem. In that case please contact the Bose service group locally who performed the previous repair. Products generally have a service warranty which applies after a repair is completed.
Thank you. 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch shuts down about every 20 minutes

Thank you for your reply. When this shut-off occurs, it is while music is playing and while it is plugged in. I will contact Bose and get this looked at again.