PaulV
Registered since

Jan 10, 2016

Soundtouch system not discovered in the app

Hi
I set up a new SoundTouch system and it seems to have connected to my wifi network in that during the set up it recognised the network, conected to it and downloaded an update. In the app on my Mac (OSX El Capitain) the system is recognised and plays. However, on both an iPhone and iPad the app fails to find the system. Also it does not appear in the sound options in the Mac system preferences or in the list of available airplay devices. I had a previous version and I could play music from iTunes via my phone but direct the sound to the soundTouch via Air Play. This is what I want to do again now but the SoundTouch does not appear in the list of Air Play devices.
Any suggestions will be welcomed!!!
Thanks
Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Bernher
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

Re: Soundtouch system not discovered in the app

Which Soundtouch are you refering to. The latest models (version III) introduce support for Bluetooth but do not offer Airplay anymore.

PaulV
Registered since

Jan 10, 2016

Ah - thanks Bernie - its a SoundTouch 20 Series III and does indeed have blue tooth enabled. Do you know why the app on the iPad and iPhone refuse to see it on the network though??
Paul
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Paul,
If your mobile devices are not detecting the SoundTouch products while your computer does, this would indicate that those devices may be sometimes switching to a different network segment. iOS devices will often switch networks automatically to find the best Wi-Fi signal, but this can sometimes cause detection issues with our systems.
Here are some steps you can try in your router's configuration to prevent this:

1. If your router is a dual band device, try naming the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to separate SSID's (network names)
  2. If your network already has several different SSID's, such as a secondary guest or media network, try constraining the mobile devices to connect only to the network your SoundTouch products use.
  3. Make sure the Wi-Fi is set to use a fixed channel number (1 or 11 are recommended) rather than an "auto" setting.Thank you.

Thank you.