Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willhu84
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2018

Soundtouch wifi + 151 outdoor enviromental speakers

Hi All, Really hope someone can give some help or suggestions? 🙂

I have a Sound Touch 300 Soundbar, Soundtouch 20, SoundTouch 10 and a set of 151 Outdoor speakers.
I have an Apple Airport extreme router with 2x Airport Express access points. With a single SSID.

All the Soundtouch speakers connect using WiFi and are pretty much just used to play spoyify from ipad/iphone. The outdoor speakers are connected to an amp (not bose) and the amp is connected via Optical to the Airport Express.

I can play music to the outdoor speakers by choosing "Airport Express" as the speakers in Spotify. The Bose speakers work in the same way either from the Spotify app or the Bose soundtouch app. 

Now, my problem If i ask Spotify to play on the bose and the Airport Express (outdoor Speakers) the outdoor speakers stop playing and it just goes to the bose wifi speakers. 

Is there a way to get it to play on all speakers at the same time?

I would ideally like to get it working with current setup but i have seen there is a Bose sa-5 amp, this sounds like it will work - anyone confirm?

Many Thanks for any help/advice 

Will 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch wifi + 151 outdoor enviromental speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by willhu84

Hi Will,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

If you play Spotify to one of your Bose speakers and select "Play All" in the SoundTouch App, Spotify audio will be rebroadcast to all Bose devices on the network.  This would resolve your issue, except that the amp for the outdoor speakers is non-Bose.  What you could do, instead of purchasing an SA-5 is to purchase a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter, and connect it to an input on your existing amp.  This would give your existing amplifier SoundTouch functionality, without eliminating the Airport Express (if you use it for Airplay or other services).

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by willhu84

Hi Will,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

If you play Spotify to one of your Bose speakers and select "Play All" in the SoundTouch App, Spotify audio will be rebroadcast to all Bose devices on the network.  This would resolve your issue, except that the amp for the outdoor speakers is non-Bose.  What you could do, instead of purchasing an SA-5 is to purchase a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter, and connect it to an input on your existing amp.  This would give your existing amplifier SoundTouch functionality, without eliminating the Airport Express (if you use it for Airplay or other services).

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

willhu84
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2018

Many thanks for the quick reply. I got one of the wireless link adaptors and it has worked perfectly. 

Kind Regards