Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Soundtouch10 not able to connect

Hi,

I have Soundtouch10 and Netgear wndr4300 with the newest firmware. The speaker seems to be connected to the network (solid white light is on), but the app does not see it. No luck with a wired connection or with any suggestions posted on this forum. I tried alternate setup posted on the Bose website as well. The only thing that works is Bluetooth. Any suggestions on how to connect it to wifi? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch10 not able to connect

Hello Ales,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues you've been experiencing, and would be happy to see what I can do.

In this instance, Wi-Fi networks can vary from router to router, and all have different default settings. On occasion, Wi-Fi routers will have settings like a "Stealth Mode" that would allow the speaker to connect to the network, (Hence you're able to get a solid white LED); but are not able to see other objects on the network (Unable to reach back to the app and be playable).

Alternatively, there could be other factors that are stopping you from pairing, such as using an extender network or split bands routers.

Whilst you could change these yourself to see if this addresses the issue, I would advise that you get in touch with your local Bose contact; as they would be able to establish the exact situation with your router and work on this for you! You can access this from the below, by selecting the region, navigating to "contact us" and getting in touch.

https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

I hope this helps!

Liam

Community Support