jaspreetdua
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Soundttouch 300 ARC issue with Sony Bravia KD55X9000E

Hi,

Bose user from Singapore. 

Yesterday my ST lost ARC sound. been up all night looking at solutions, tried everything.

disconnect this, connect that. nothing seems to work. 

re-boot my SingTel box. disconnected tried connecting only the ST and the tv. still doesn't work. 

The only thing that I agree with the posts that I read was that somehow the ST has disappeared from the Bravia link list on my tv. 

Both tv and st have been checked for the latest firmware. 

ST is running 19.0.5

Bravia is also updated with the latest release.

Can anyone help out? I'm currently using a stop gap optical out for the audio, but this is highly irritating.  

11 REPLIES 11
jaspreetdua
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Re: Soundttouch 300 ARC issue with Sony Bravia KD55X9000E

Any one you guys?? What do I do? The optical output is flat. Hardly any sparkle on the sound. I miss the arc connection.. what do I do?

Hello jaspreetdua,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. A couple of questions so we can help troubleshoot further.

• Have you tried a different HDMI cable?
  • Have you tried changing the CEC settings on the Bravia Link? 

Please let us know and thanks for posting.

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

jaspreetdua
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Hi, yes I tried the change the cable.
I changed the cec setting.

Funny thing is, even though there is no audio coming from the speakers, the app says “playing from another source” when I open it.

I have already already both the speakers and the tv. I don’t understand it.

What can I do next ?
Highlighted

Thanks for this information jaspreetdua. If this is the case we would suggest contacting our service HERE for further assistance. Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

jaspreetdua
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Emmet,
I did reach out to Bose service in Singapore. (Atlas HiFi).
Absolutely clueless guy reached out and told me that he has no idea and said he has sent a message to Bose support in the us. I was also advised not to expect a quick response and apparently Bose isn’t very quick in responding to queries.
This is despite me telling them that I was already in touch with Bose support.

I offered to bring the unit to them for them to check it and replace it if there is a fault but clearly the support here seems fairly illiterate.

Now this is hugely disappointing more so as I am an ex Bose employee. I’m quite disturbed to see the state of affairs that I am bing faced with.

Needless to say, I’d required Bob Marasca would be getting a text and an email from me if I don’t find a solution here.

Thanks.
tippex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

This may sound like a silly question, but have you tried unplugging the ST300 from the wall for a period of time and plugging it back in again?  I use mine with the same TV and while I have never had issues with the ARC signal dropping out, I have had to do this a couple of times when losing the sub connection.

jaspreetdua
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Hey.
Yes I did try this as well. Many times over.
I personally feel it’s a software glitch since I have noticed that there are times when the system is hanging and then reboots itself automatically. This is a recent development.
Bose guys, the speaker freezes and becomes non responsive, then turns off and on with yellow lights blinking for some time before it comes back to normal work mode white light status.
It’s interesting how despite so many people having issues with this speaker, there seems to be no concrete solution for this.
tchervenov
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

I have the same problem with the ARC connection dropping and the sound only from the TV.

Bose please SOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!!

Hello jaspreetdua,

Thank you for getting back to us with all the details. One other thing I would like to gather from you is the firmware/software version of the TV. Once I get this information, I will pass this along to development to investigate.

Warm Regards,

Joel