cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arioli
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Sountouch cannot access NAS music folder after router change (Netgear D7000) - Enable IGMP Proxying

I've been using a soundtouch 10 for over 1 year attached to a NAS synology with a netgear DN2200 with no problem. 

I've upgraded the router to Netgear D7000 (top home model). From there Soundtouch was not able to see the NAS anymore. I've tried anything but nothing worked. The set up is traighforward - NAS attached to a wired LAN port of the router, Soundtouch 10 attached to the Wifi (5GHZ). Basically any other device sees the DLNA service (a TV aattached) from Synlogy but the Sountouch did NOT (anymore) !!!!

Only thing changed ... the router. 

It took me 2 weeks to find out: the Soundtouch 10 wants the "Multicast" enabled ! This is the same problem described here, to whom nobody gave the solution. The problem is not on the Wifi naming or the presence of 2 Wifis (2.4 and 5 GHz, which have different names). The problem is that for some reason, Sounttouch want the "IGMP Proxying" on the WAN interface enabled, while many router, including the D7000 disable it by default for security. 

If you have the same problem - just enter the Router, find the WAN setup and clear the flag on "Disable IGMP Proxying". Then reboot. 

See below. It worked like a charm. I also suggest to use the Bridge function between the Ethernet attached to the NAS or bridge and the Wifi Pourt (under the D7000, VLAN Bridge Setup, gourp bridge and choose the Wifi & LAN ports). 

1 REPLY 1
Brm932
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Re: Sountouch cannot access NAS music folder after router change (Netgear D7000) - Enable IGMP Proxy

Great info, thanks for sharing!