Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraPH
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Re: Speakers continually resetting, crashing or unresponsive

Just to say this worked! Thank you! 🙂 

I did as you said - removed all speakers, signed out of the app. Then re-added the first speaker (it then prompts you to make a new Bose account, which I did with a spare email address), and then re-added the rest. 

Since then it's been working perfectly for several days. 

So seems very clear this is a Bose server problem. For me, opening a new account was annoying (e.g. having to recreate presets and favourites) but relatively OK. For some though (e.g. if you don't have a spare email account or if you have a v large number of favourites saved) it's still very sub-optimal. 

Also, is my "original account" now unusable? It'd be good to hear more from the Bose Moderators on this as it looks from the other posts over the weekend this is a problem for several people, and "delete your account and start again", though a "solution", isn't exactly the one you want! 

Thanks very much once again

Volare
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Thanks for posting GraPH, I am having same problems here in NZ. I have 6 Soundtouch devices two HT130's, 3 ST10's and wireless link adapter. Over the past 4 weeks (covid lockdown coincidence?) I have continually have the units cutout, restart, pause and drop off the my android/PC apps altogether, the app sometimes loses one or more of my devices and then suddenly recognises them a few hours later. Like you I have done resets and tried using different wifi networks (I run 5 separate wifi channels at both 2.4GHZ and 5Ghz across the house). Wifi signal strength is strong and my wifi link adapter is line of sight to the router. Super frustrating and the thought of having to reset all the systems, my account and relink seems a thermonuclear option. Before I try this can you please confirm this solution worked for you. Cheers from NZ

GraPH
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Hi

sorry you’re having the same trouble - super frustrating isn’t it! 

For me, the thermonuclear option did work - I’ve had my system running across several speakers near continuously (after all I’m stuck at home!) since my last message and all has worked. 

as I said in a previous message I’d really like a Bose moderator to investigate this further though as the “delete and start again” solution is pretty farcical really and won’t suit everyone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this. I have had exactly the same issues and in the same timeframe. Before this my system was fine for 3+ years. I am technical and have probably spent 10+ hours troubleshooting. Nothing had changed in my set up so a problem with the Bose servers or account makes sense. Bose, do we know what is causing this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After hours of troubleshooting thinking it was a Wi Fi issue I can confirm I get exactly the same behaviour resetting and connecting 2 of my devices via ethernet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GraPH ,

Thank you for saving me wasting even more time. I removed the speakers from my existing user. Didn't bother resetting the speakers (again). Created a new account and simply reconnected. All works as expected now so definitely a Bose server problem.  Bose, can you confirm this please as I would like to switch back to my old account at some point please.

cmtbose
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Thank you.  I will try this yet again (I do it periodically) and hope this time it sticks.

GraPH
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Thanks everyone - really disappointing Bose haven't been engaged on this thread since I marked the issue as "solved" (the "solution" isn't really the one anyone wanted, and points to a still-unresolved (and unacknowledged) Bose server problem)