jankaj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2014

Spotify Connect suddenly stopped working?

Hi,

I have earlier used "Spotify connect" but a couple of days ago, it suddenly stopped working and none of my Bose speakers show up in the device list. They still show up in the device list for my wife though, and we are connected to the same wifi network at home and we both use iPhone. I can still connect to the speakers using Airplay.

When we look at the my Spotify profile, there is a menu called "Apps" where I have approved one "Bose SoundTouch" application, but my wife has two approved SoundTouch applications where one of them (the one I don't have approved) have the following description: "The new Spotify integration with Bose SoundTouch® devices".

Is this the reason why the speakers don't show up in my Spotify but they do for my wife? If that is the case, how do I approve it?

Regards

Janni Kajbrink

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
ingo71
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Re: Spotify Connect suddenly stopped working?

Exactly same problem here.
Highlighted
kert
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2015

I also have pretty much the same problem, but with the difference that one of my speakers still works fine to connect to with Spotify Connect, and no device can connect with Spotify Connect to the one that is now not working (Airplay works fine)

Also did a factory reset to try to fix the problem - this did not help

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi kert,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with Spotify connect.  Can you try a power cycle of your wireless router as well?  Unplug the power for 30 seconds, re-plug, and test Spotify connect again.

Does this solve the issue?  Let us know!

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Elbow
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

My Spotify just stopped working after playing fine for a couple of hours. It plays on my phone, and laptop, but not through the soundbar. All other music (internet radio, music on my computer) plays through the soundbar. My tv tells me to press play to make Soundbar work, but nothing happens. 

Highlighted
Koolguy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Hi,
I am experiencing the same ordeal you are going through 4 months back. Only recently I realised this technical issue was due to a software bug in the Sound Touch system. I learnt about this from Atlas sound system Pre Ltd that Bose has discovered the bugs and will be pushing down to all Sound Touch system with a new software by mid December to resolve this issue.
In the meantime, I would suggest you employing this approach to revonnect yout system to Spotify as a temporarily measure. One way is by removing the physical connection of the system to the adapter and re-connect again. Alteranativelt , you can switch off the system by pressing on the on/off button of the system and hold down for about 10 seconds until the system light goes off. Try to connect to Spotify subsequently. Hope this works.