Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2016

Spotify Connected Devices

Hello,

a friend of mine used her Spotify app with my SoundTouch devices and now they show up in her Spotify app all the time. She can turn them on, play music, do everything even though she's not at my place.

Why can I, as the owner of the devices, not remove any spotify control!?

What do I have to do to prohibit that these speakers show up in any account that was used!?

Any friend that visits me and uses spotify would have full control!

I have now prohibited internet access for all my SoundTouch devices, but that is not a solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Spotify Connected Devices

Hi TeRp,

Thanks for posting.  To stop this from happening, you would need to factory reset and re-add your systems to your SoundTouch account.  This is a limitation of Spotify, as they are the ones that manage the Spotify Connect function.  

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2016

So I should factory reset and reset and update devices every time someody uses Spotify in my WiFi?

Or buy my own Spotify Premium account?

Why is there no option to disable spotify control on your end?

Either Spotify is handing over requests to your cloudservice and that forwards the commands to my devices or there is some software / library in the SoundTouch firmware itself that connects directly to spotify. Obviously there should be easy solutions: either have your cloud check if that device owner wants spotify or not and accept or ignore commands accordingly or put an option to disable running the spotify interfaces in your software.

I don't see how this privacy related issue is ignored by Spotify and Bose and how I was not informed that this functionality is included in the devices. It only states that there is a Spotify component and that there are licenses, but not any information on that people can take full control of the speaker I payed for from anywhere in the world.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

To stop control of your system by other devices with Spotify Connect:

1. Log out of Spotify on all devices that have your Spotify credentials

2. Go to Spotify.com and change your Spotify password

3. Log back into Spotify on the device(s) you want to use

Found it here