Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Spotify app and playing simultaneously over two or more speakers.

I have a Soundtouch 30 and 20  in different rooms and linked together on a network. With latest Spotify update both speakers show up individually but can't be played together from the Spotify devices menu - it's either one or the other. 

If I use the Soundtouch app I can get both to play the same music, so it is not a major inconvenience, but I wonder if I am missing something and there is a way to create a network of speakers in Spotify devices?

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: Spotify app and playing simultaneously over two or more speakers.

Author Accepted Answer selected by JLangt

Hello,

Currently when using Spotify connect it is only possible to stream to one speaker at a time. Using the "Play All" or 'Grouping Feature" is the best way to have the same audio play on all the SoundTouch capable systems in your eco-system. I hope this helps. 

Thank you for the question,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Pretty sure its not possible to link speakers in the Spotify app.  It can only be done through the SoundTouch app.  Once the speakers are linked the linked group will appear in the Spotify app.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Thanks  The linked group shows up by name in Spotify but only the first speaker in the group plays, so I guess it probably doesn't work. But thanks for the help

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by JLangt

Hello,

Currently when using Spotify connect it is only possible to stream to one speaker at a time. Using the "Play All" or 'Grouping Feature" is the best way to have the same audio play on all the SoundTouch capable systems in your eco-system. I hope this helps. 

Thank you for the question,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Just to follow up several months later for those interested - I see now that if you create the group first by playing the main speaker and then adding the others through the Soundtouch app - say if you are listening through itunes -  then they show up  togehrer in the Spotify devices tab as a group and will play through Spotifiy directly. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi James,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thanks all. This worked, however some of my "zones" are just a half second off from each other & as you walk around our home it sounds horrible.

Also when I try and change a station, replay a song, or merely pause & start, it gets worse, some of the zones shutdown, or all zones will just freeze & stop playing all together.

How do we fix this while still being able to pause, change playlists, all the while keeping all zones going fluidly & simultaneously?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi VP,

We have an article HERE about resolving audio issues when playing to multiple systems. Curiously, what is the make and model of your router? Do you have any any additional access points, repeaters or switches in your network? How many systems do you have?

Thank you