Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpb99
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Spotify connect not seeing Soundtouch 20

I have a Soundtouch 10, a Soundtouch 20 and Spotify Premium.

When using Spotify on my Desktop quite often Spotify Connect will see the 10 but not the 20.

If I use Spotify on my phone, it sees both the 10 and the 20.  If I select the 20 from the phone it plays fine and then my Desktop Spotify can see it immediately.

Any clues?

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Spotify connect not seeing Soundtouch 20

Hi rpb99,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Here are a few troubleshooting steps we can take to attempt to resolve this issue:

• Toggle the Wi-Fi setting on the computer trying to connect to the Bose system. 
    • Toggling Wi-Fi off and back on may resolve the issue. Once Wi-Fi has been re-enabled, be sure the device is connecting to the desired network as it may automatically connect to another network.  
  • If you occasionally use Spotify's "offline mode", try toggling this on and then back off.
    • Offline Mode should be disabled so the app can connect to a system on the Wi-Fi network.

• Try rebooting the computer, the SoundTouch 20, and your router. 

• If your SoundTouch 20 is a series I or series II system, hold the AUX button for 10 seconds. If it is a series III system, simply disconnect the power cord for 1 minute, then reconnect. 

Please let us know if any of these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

rpb99
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Thanks Brian

In fact this problem affects my desktop PC, which is connected to the router via CAT5 cable - not wifi.

If the Bose 20 (series iii) is already playing spotify when I launch the app  there is no problem.  The issue arises if the Bose 20 is doing something else when the app starts.

I will try leaving the unit switched off for 1 miute to see if that helps.  As I say, the weird thing is the Bose 10 is always picked up.

ericmcmahon
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Using Spotify Connect is the useful way for playing with Spotify. However, I am free users which means I can't use Spotify Connect. What's a pity!