zzrbell
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

Spotify keeps coming back on

Since the last app update I have had problems with spotify suddenly coming on while I am listening to internet radio. It happens about every 30minutes and plays the last thing I was listening to on Spotify.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Spotify keeps coming back on

Hello zzrbell,

Thank you for posting, sorry to hear this is occurring.

Does anyone else have access to your Spotify account or are you the only one?

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

zzrbell
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

I'm the only one using the Spotify account but I do also use Spotify with Apple Car play in my car.I also have my old mobile phone which has the SoundTouch App still on it but I don't use it to control the system. I have a large system with ST10 x 4, ST20 x2 and ST30 x 1.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello zzrbell

Thanks for getting back to us with the info!

Can you open the Spotify app on your devices and navigate to the settings.  From here, select devices, and make sure that "Show local devices" is enabled.  We've seen in the past when this is disabled, it could trigger the systems to come on in the Spotify service.  Also, as you were mentioning you have multiple speakers in the house, does this issue happen on all speakers or maybe one in particular?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

zzrbell
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

Thanks Tony,

I checked the devices settings and the "Show local devices only" was not enabled.

I have enabled it now.

Although I have a number of speakers I generally only use the Kitchen and Study speakers which I group together. The problem has occcured on both of them.

I'll put some other ones on to check but by coincidence it hasn't occurred over the last few days.

I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks again.

Robert

Community Manager

Hi zzrbell

Thanks for getting back to us!  Definitely keep us posted to see if this has corrected the issues for you!

Best,

Tony A

zzrbell
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

Tony,

I had the problem start up again.

I have noticed that if I go into the spotify app the Bose speaker is "attached" as a device and if I disconnect it the problem goes away.

Is it possible that the Spotify app is directly connecting and over riding the Bose Sound Touch system?

Robert

Community Manager

Hi zzrbell

Thanks for getting back to us!

Is it possible to remove the Spotify account from the SoundTouch app and retest internet radio again?  I'm curious to see if the issue happens while your Spotify account is linked to the SoundTouch account.  This will help us narrow down if it's the SoundTouch app causing this or if it's Spotify Connect that's hijacking the connection.

Thank you for your patience!

Warm Regards,

Tony A