Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

Spotify no longer playing on any speaker after rating the soundtouch app

After happily using the soundtouch app to stream from my spotify premium account, I made the mistake of answering the please rate this app: ever since I did that, I am no longer able to listen to spotify. using the app, it says "loading" the playlist for a bit then desists; using spotify directly, it shows playing on the speaker, but the speaker is not playing the spotify track. This is incredibly annoying since I mainly signed up to premium to listen on my soundwave and sountouch speakers

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Spotify no longer playing on any speaker after rating the soundtouch app

Hello @ilaria luce,

Thank you for posting. This definitely seems like an odd issue, lets see if we can get this working again for you. There is a few things I can suggest to try.

• Reboot your router by unplugging from power for 30 seconds
  • Remove and re-add your Spotify account from the SoundTouch application

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

thank you for your suggestions. Can you tell me how to remove Spotify from the soundtouch app? I can't seem to find a way, an removing and reinstalling it would seem to be the solution that makes most sense. I have assigned 2 preselected channels to Spotify playlists, but the speaker doesn't play them at all and does not switch to them if I manually change channels. Very irritating

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @ilaria luce,

To remove your Spotify account from Soundtouch go to:

Settings -> Music Services -> Spotify -> "YourUserAccountName" and click the "Remove Account"

After that you have to add your account again ...

Hope that helps.

Best reagards,

Central