Tellurian
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

Spotify no longer plays on Wave Soundtouch

Help! I have a premium Spotify subscription. I no longer get sound from my Bose Wave Soundtouch when I make a selection from Spotify either via Soundlink or directly from the Spotify app. It says it is connected or shows it as playing the the device, but there is no sound. Via Soundlink, it just shows loading and never finishes. Meanwhile, the Wave will play from ALL other sources - e.g. home library on desktop, AmazonMusic and Internet radio as well as CD, so obviously there is sound. At the same time, Spotify plays fine on the other Bose soundtouch speaker that is connected on the same network.  I have updated apps, etc. and I have rebooted modem, all to no avail. What is the problem here??? Thanks for any help. I could not find any other suggestions. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Spotify no longer plays on Wave Soundtouch

Hi Tellurian,

Thank you for the post, and welcome to the community!

There's a few other things we can try to get this working for you.

Just to confirm, you've unplugged the Wave SoundTouch from power and reconnected it, correct?

Can you try removing Spotify from your SoundTouch account, then re-adding it?  There may be an authentication issue on that specific system which may cause this.

Let us know so we can get your Wave SoundTouch fully working again!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Tellurian
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

Thanks - those were all things I tried before. Spotify came to the rescue right away. I am all set. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Tellurian,

Thanks for the update.

Can you share with us what ended up resolving your issue with Spotify playback?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support