Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jpapa123
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Spotify not working in Soundtouch - All other music services working as normal

Hello,

Spotify is no longer working in the Soundtouch app.  I can use all other music services, Amazon, Tune In, Sirius... just not Spotify.  When I click on a song in Spotify to play on any of my soundtouch speakers, I just get a blue screen with the play or pause button in the middle.

I can't attribute this to any recent changes or updates anywhere...  I tried removing the Spotify service from my soundtouch app on both my pc and phone, I also tried re-installing the soundtouch app on my pc and phone.  I still cannot play anything through soundtouch from Spotify.  Please help... Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jpapa123
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: Spotify not working in Soundtouch - All other music services working as normal

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jpapa123

Solved...

So... for anyone that runs into this problem, this is what I did to resolve:

1. Physically unplugged the power to each speaker and plugged it back in.  One by one.

I was able to play spotify on most speakers after recycling power.  The one that was still giving me trouble was my sound bar.  I had to remove the speaker in the app, and then go through the setup process to get it back on my network.  After that, I could play spotify on that one again as well.

Not sure why the bose app did not want to play spotify, but it would play every other service until I completed the steps above.  Also, not sure why this happened all of a sudden...  Anyway, glad it is working again (for now, lol).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jpapa123
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: Spotify not working in Soundtouch - All other music services working as normal

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jpapa123

Solved...

So... for anyone that runs into this problem, this is what I did to resolve:

1. Physically unplugged the power to each speaker and plugged it back in.  One by one.

I was able to play spotify on most speakers after recycling power.  The one that was still giving me trouble was my sound bar.  I had to remove the speaker in the app, and then go through the setup process to get it back on my network.  After that, I could play spotify on that one again as well.

Not sure why the bose app did not want to play spotify, but it would play every other service until I completed the steps above.  Also, not sure why this happened all of a sudden...  Anyway, glad it is working again (for now, lol).

View solution in original post

Mollyyyyy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi

How did you solve this problem? my Spotify still not working in Soundtouch...Could I convert Spotify music to MP3 then import to Soundtouch app ?

mtncatz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Hi --my wife and I just purchased a Wave Soundtouch Series 4 with the specific purpose of using it to link to streaming services, particularly Spotify. We've liked Bose products in the past so I was surprised and dismayed to read the negative experiences with these products re Spotify. We've not yet subscribed to Spotify and I'm wondering if 1) with the recent updates this problem with Bose/Spotify has been addressed (may be too early to know) or 2) we just ought to avoid Spotify and try another streaming service if that would fix the problem. We like the sound quality of the Bose product but we really don't need the hassles described in many of the posts. Advice would be greatly appreciated -- thanks.