Highlighted
MacW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Spotify on SoundTouch Keeps Jumping Back to First Song of Playlist

Hi,

Anyone else having an issue with playback on the Bose Soundtouch through the Spotify app?  With me, the last couple weeks the Spotify app has been bouncing back to the first song of the playlist for any playlist of over 50 songs when listening through my SoundTouch speaker.  

I've tried clearing cache, reinstalling the app, unplugging and resetting the SoundTouch speaker, rebooting my router, etc.  I only have this issue when listening to Spotify on the SoundTouch.  If I listen directly to the app on the phone, tablet, or laptop, there is no jump back to the first song.  This happens both on the Android apps (phone, tablet) and laptop running Windows 10.

Laptop version of Spotify: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

Android versions of Spotify:  8.4.84.874

I can play the over-50 song long playlists on the SoundTouch through the Bose app but sometimes that just stops playing with a mesage of "Select Preset."

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Spotify on SoundTouch Keeps Jumping Back to First Song of Playlist

Hi MacW,

Thanks for writing in!  This is certainly an odd issue, but would be happy to help!

• Just to clarify, when the issue happens is this after playing the one track or after the 50th song?
  • If you start the album with Spotify Connect and then open the SoundTouch app, are there any repeat settings enabled?
  • Have you tried factory defaulting the SoundTouch system?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

MacW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Hi Tony A.  Thanks for replying.  Here are my answers:

Just to clarify, when the issue happens is this after playing the one track or after the 50th song?
Good question.  It happens on any song toward the bottom of the playlist.  It won't happen on the songs in the early or middle parts of the playlist but does on any song in toward the end of the playlist.   And since I wrote my initial post, I did more experimenting.  The cutoff for a playlist that exhibits this behavior is 100 songs, not 50 as I initially wrote.  If it is only 99 songs, it'll play fine. But if it's, say 136 songs, it'll start jumping back to the first song on any song played after the 100th song on the playlist.

If you start the album with Spotify Connect and then open the SoundTouch app, are there any repeat settings enabled?
No, no repeat settings are enabled in either Spotify itself or in the SoundTouch app.

Have you tried factory defaulting the SoundTouch system?

No

Community Manager

Hi MacW,

Thanks for the info!  

Can we try and remove the speaker from the SoundTouch account and re-add it in the app?  Also, let's try a factory default on the speaker since it's seems like a communication between the speaker and the cloud.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

MacW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Hi Tony,

Tried both just now.  No resolution.

I should add that if I were to let the playlist play from the very beginning, there is no jump back to the beginning of the playlist.

If, however, I click on a song toward the end of the playlist, instead of going to the next song, it'll go back to the beginning.  For example, if I let the playlist play from song 1 to song 136 in succession, it'll play ok.  But if I were to click on song 122 and let it play, instead of progressing to song 123 and so on, it'll jump back to song 1 (i.e., the first song in the playlist).

Also this doesn't happen in every playlist.  For those where it has happened, I've tried creating a new playlist and then copying the songs over.  However, the same skip to the beginning behavior I described above will occur in the new playlist.

Community Manager

Hi MacW,

Thanks for the update.  This is certainly an odd situation and I'd like to run this by our development team.  Are you able to provide us the make/model of your router as well?  I'm going to PM to gather a little more info as well.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

MacW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Netgear Wireless N750