Highlighted
SBH!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Statement on Long Term Support for SoundTouch Please

I have a substantial investment in the soundtouch EcoSystem.  An investment i started 12 months ago.  Indeed, i have a desire to extend the speaker range further, but before i make any further investment i need to understand if Bose is going to continually ivest in SoundTouch.  You have released new products that now compete with soundtouch and do not work alongside.  You have removed Internet Radio, and in the 12 months i have been consuming, you have added no additional music services, additional apps have been restrcted to the US, and updates are for minor bug fixes.

This strikes me a a company dropping investment to support.  Can you advise of the support policy ASAP please as i erefuse to buy further presnts at xmas time in this area until you clarify

16 REPLIES 16
SBH!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Re: Statement on Long Term Support for SoundTouch Please

If you read this and think you too may be impacted can you LIKE to raise the profile of this post.  We need to make sure we have a commited BOSE to support the investment we have made

ranec106
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

Yo también estoy interesado en saberlo. Gracias.
Flip McVicker
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

You raise a very interesting point. Same thing is true with 'smart' TVs. You buy it in the expectation that the services provided on it are going to continue to work. On my 4 to 5 year old smart tv, some services are starting to drop off, yet the TV is still fine. You own the hardware, but you dont know the internet based services provided are going to continue to be supported. People like bose, selling $$$$ kit with access to internet services, should provide buyers with a service level agreement, stating the length of time the internet based services are going to be supported. There's a scenario where we woul be left with very expensive bricks, instead of smart speakers.

SBH!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Exactly 

This is a direct competitor of Sonos - and its already released divergent technology

As owners we need guidance as to how long this is supported for 

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts, and I completely understand everyone's concerns.

We're going to support SoundTouch for the foreseeable future.

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

SBH!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Thanks Joel - but that is not a statement 

As people who invest in Bose - we are looking for a Roadmap for functionality, when, and for how long.

You could start with:

When will Apple Music be added

When will the additional Alexa skills be rolled out to EMEA

When will Spotify Gapless Playback be fixed?

When will you support the product to

When will ST integrate with other Bose internet devices

SBH!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

and - in shouty capitals WHY IS THIS MARKED AS SOLVED - it is not

SBH!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Bump

Bose:  You have removed funtionality, we require an answer to these questions.  Your community is in meltdown and users need support

Community Manager

Hello SBH!

I'm sorry that this has affected so many users and I'd recommend following this post HERE.

Warm Regards,

Tony A