QzzB
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

StoundTouch 300 - Optical and ARC

Due to ongoing sync issues with a source and no help from anyone, can anyone let me know if/how to use both the Optical and the ARC for different sources? it seems that when Optical is attached and the source is off, i get no sound through the ARC. Cant seem to find a way to switch the sources. 

Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: StoundTouch 300 - Optical and ARC

Hi QzzB,

Thanks for the post!

Since the SoundTouch is a single source system, you can only use either the ARC connection or optical.  My recommendation would be to connect all of your devices directly into your television, then use the TV as the "A/V switcher" so to speak.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

QzzB
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Can’t do that. Through tv using arc causes lip sync. Optical to device is fine. Other devices use arc. Been to all vendors and no one can help. Might have to can the bose and go elsewhere
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi QzzB,

Thanks for the info.  What is the brand and model of your television?  Are there any ARC settings that can be changed in the TV menu?

Can you try power cycling all of your devices and attempting to use ARC again?  Does this help at all?

Best,

Brandon

QzzB
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

As mentioned the TV is fine as other sources work fine. It know its the set top box but im stuck, they wont help no settings and as the ST300 is a single source unles i want to unplug every time its not all compatible. Cant get rid of it or no live TV.