jdoherty76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Streaming Spotify through my pair of SoundTouch 10 speakers

The problem I’m having is that whenever I stream music from my Spotify premium account through my Bose app it constantly cuts out throughout a song and if I’m lucky it then fades back in. Occasionally I get the message Hmm… We can’t play right now. Please try again later (3103)

What I’d like to know is how am I supposed to connect to Spotify through my Bose speakers?

I have my Bose app installed on a Samsung tablet.  Interface version 18.1.6 Protocol version 60 app version 18.1.5.  This app recognises both my Bose systems one a Sound touch and the other is a stereo pair of SoundTouch 10 speakers.  I have fibre cable broadband which runs at 120MB/s.  I have a Spotify premium account and I have added Spotify as a service to the Bose app.

I also have the Bose app installed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge phone and this also has the same problem

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, if not this is a totally unacceptable situation and really needs to be rectified.  This is not rocket science and surely it should be too difficult to stream music in this fashion.

I’ve uninstalled Spotify and re-installed it

This is driving me bonkers…Any advice appreciated

Thanks JD

4 REPLIES 4
jdoherty76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Re: Streaming Spotify through my pair of SoundTouch 10 speakers

An update to the above in the attempt to troubleshoot this problem.  When I access Spotify directly it was play continuiously through my tablet or phone without any stopping.  When I instruct it to play through my ST10's once again it stops as before...don't know if this helps or not...

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi jdoherty76,

Thanks for reaching out. Let's get that working for you. Could we start by verifying that you are using the following steps to connect your Spotify account? 

How to play Spotify® on your SoundTouch™ system

Please come back and let us know,

Tony - Community Support

jdoherty76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Thanks Tony appreciated.  I had a look at ther Youtube video and it differs from what I see.  however I have an option on my soundtouch app to add services which I have done and then I have logged in successfully.  Are you know saying that if i want to play Spotify through my ST10 system I need to then open Spotify on my tablet/mobile device and select where I want my music to be played in my case through the ST10's ? then select whatever music I'd like play?  Is this correct... so as follows:

1:  Add the service (there is no explore option) 'Spotify' to my Bose App

2:  Logon to spotify through the soundtouch app

3:  Then open up the Spotify app

4:  Choose the music you want to play

5:  Choose the speakers you want to play the music through.  In this case through the ST10's

Is this correct?   

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @jdoherty76,

Thank you for the response.

To add Spotify to the SoundTouch application:

• Open the SoundTouch application, select the 3 line hamburger menu icon at the top left
  • Choose "Add Service", then select Spotify, enter credentials for your Spotify account
  • Once Spotify is added you can navigate it using the 3 line hamburger menu and choose Spotify

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel