gcerquei
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

Subwoofer Issue - SoundTouch® 130 home theater system

Hi 
I have a SoundTouch® 130 home theater system.
Since early this week the sound is only coming out consistently from the bar.
The subwoofer comes in and out randomly, many times making a popping sound which is driving me mad.
Any recommendations of what I could do to find out what the problem is and what I can do to address it?
Does anyone know if I can hookup another external subwoofer to the system in case this one is with a defect?
Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Subwoofer Issue - SoundTouch® 130 home theater system

gcerquei
Intermittent sound from the wireless subwoofer on this system is most commonly caused by wireless interference from other electronics in the room. This could be occurring either at the Bass module, at the media console, or somewhere between them.
We would suggest:

1. Move the SoundTouch 130 media console away from other Wi-Fi enabled home theater components (Internet ready Blu-ray players, Game systems, smart TVs etc.) and make sure that the SoundTouch Wi-Fi adapter is extended away from the console on the provided cable.
  2. Change the position of the Bass module within the room. If your home's wireless router is in the same room, move your bass module away from it or any other wireless hardware or power supplies for other equipment. 
  3. If neither of these steps resolves the issue, next contact our Technical support group locally. They can provide you with a cable to try hard-wiring the bass module and console in order to eliminate all possible interference. Support contact info for most regions can be found at https://www.soundtouch.com/support

Thank you.