cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameskappa
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Re: Switch input source Soundtouch 300 via App???

In the last 10 months time post purchase of Bose system myself, I have either seen or chatted with about 17 potential music lovers steering away from Bose when they came to know about this basic feature which is unavailable.
I will be doing my best to make others aware of this, as I don’t see any improvement in this space from Bose.
AIexS
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

Any news on that part? Being not possibe to change sources from SoundTouch app is realy a flaw that needs to be fixed by Bose

BlueSkyOnMars
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2018

How in the world does the SoundTouch 300 soundbar not have the TV option in the app? It means anytime you play music from your soundbar (Spotify for me), you are trapped there with no way of getting TV audio until you dig up your physical remote from a cabinet somewhere and press the TV button. This is a horrible user experience. It’s a sound bar...that I can’t set to my TV’s ARC output. This is the literal bare minimum functionality and the app does not support it. This means the soundbar is unusable as a music device without using the physical clunky remote and that is a terrible value proposition in 2018. It’s genuinely embarrassing and this should be a P1 for your engineers. There are zero excuses why this is not implemented. Make a firmware update if you have to. Even better than an aux button, have the soundbar auto return to TV once I’m no longer broadcasting Spotify. I never would have gotten this soundbar if I knew I had to use the physical remote every day. It ruins an otherwise great soundbar. Really changes my opinion on Bose.

PS: Adjusting bass is also missing from app configuration. Not as important as a functioning input selection, but would be nice. There is only a single option in audio settings and that’s left+right channels.
BlueSkyOnMars
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2018

I use my TV+soundbar for PS4, Apple TV, and Nintendo Switch. None of those require the use of an old fashioned TV controller.

You can’t, in good faith, call this soundbar usable via the app. Bose please respond with any sign that you care about your customer’s needs. It’s a soundbar...for a TV...that you market as music speakers as well. Did you seriously expect every person to use the physical remote?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/apps/soundtouch.html
^ This is the page for SoundTouch app which first product listed is the SoundTouch 300. I can point to many falsehoods on that page:

“SoundTouch lets you take total control of your listening experience. ...With all these options all in one place, it’s never been easier to access your music—and seamlessly jump between stations, playlists and services“

This basic missing feature of input control means it’s impossible to jump between services on SoundTouch.

“Control volume, including bass control”

Bass control is not avaible in the app, only the remote. If you have the additional accoustimas bass module, the app allows you to enable/disable that hardware. But the remote is the only way of controlling bass level.

This is false advertising and you’re missing basic functionality that all other competitors have. It’s a soundbar! I’m regretting my purchase.

Please, please fix this. Please.
Xdivid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2018

Its annoying to pay so much for the bar/sub/rear speakers and get below average support. Issues Bose wont address:

- App features missing that were advertised (Aux/Bass control)

- Subwoofer cut/distortion (Sounds blown), supports answer is unplug and plug back in

- Firmware update breaks ARC for a month (works for an hour then de-sync on ARC control). Finally patched it this month.....

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Thank you. 

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

We hear you and assure you that we've passed your suggestions to our development team.

If there are any new implementations to the SoundTouch app or system, we'll let the Community know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Benrob1290
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Aux input selection in app

Hi have been scrolling through the forum and have found multiple requests dating back a couple years and more, for a Aux button in the app for the soundtouch 300 soundbar. Are we any closer to getting the button? The soundtouch 20 has this feature so why hasnt it been done for the 300 soundbar? I get that an arc connection would be preferable for a tv connection but having a samsung (known for there prolomatic arc problems) i had trouble with the tv turning off and the soundbar being disconnected so had to revert to aux input to fix the problem. Any updates on this yet Bose? 

Vicky_W

Re: Aux input selection in app

Hello Benrob1290,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry but we do not have any questions on this feature request as of yet. 

I assure you as soon as we do, we will update the community. 

If anyone else would like this feature, please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
henquepenke
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Switch input source Soundtouch 300 via App???

I use "HDMI IN Direct Audio" to play surround sound for my TV etc.

I use the app to play another source (BT or WI-FI audio), but need to use the actual physical remote in order to switch back to "HDMI IN Direct Audio".

This is annoying and I would appreciate to be able to do this in the app.