Highlighted
lion33319
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2017

Switch input source Soundtouch 300 via App???

Maybe I missed something here, but somehow I am not able to switch the input source on my Soundtouch 300 from the app.

Example:

I'm watching TV with sound from the ST300. Now I open the app on my phone to listen to music..the ST300 switches and plays the music.

Now, how on earth can I switch back to the TV (Aux) input over the app???

I always have to get the remote control out and press the AUX button to get the TV sound back.

I mean, appearantly it is possible for the ST300 to switch a source via the app, otherwise I wouldn't even be able to hear music through it when it has been on the aux input from the TV.

Pretty unintuitive when i just want to listen to a single song real quick and revert back to the TV sound afterwards.

I don't always have the remote control in reach (standing in the kitchen, etc..).

Am I overseeing something here or is this just not possible with the app?

36 REPLIES 36
Brutusol
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Re: Switch input source Soundtouch 300 via App???

You are right.

Only Bluetooth and WIFI sources are listed in the APP.

It is also the reason why it is not possible to broadcast the Optical Fiber or HDMI source to all other Soundtouch speakers.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed in the next update.

Hi all,

As of right now that is not a feature that's available in the SoundTouch app, but I will pass the recommendation up to the software development team to see if it's something we can add in a future release.

Thanks!

Brandon

QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

I would love to see this added.

Shinnosuke
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

YES!

PLEASE ADD AUX TO SOUNDTOUCH APP!!!

al81palmer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2017

Please get this updated! If you misplace the remote there's no way to change the source back to TV?! No buttons on the box look nice but a Simple "source" solution would've helped. At least the app could fix this but they didn't think of that? Come on bose! Guess I have to order another remote
Shinnosuke
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

EXCUSE ME?

nkupton
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

Yes please! Thanks Brandon, any update on a software fix?

I set up a SoundTouch 300 today, and couldn't believe the app allowed switching away from AUX with no way to switch back. The app already supports AUX selection on other models, like the SoundTouch 10.
timwilltell
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

I've been perplexed with this issue as well.
I thought perhaps I was mistaken and the Soundtouch 300 was being marketed outside of a TV soundbar, however this would contradict another post:
https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Soundtouch-300-PC-connection/m-p/44633
per James_S Animated Arbiter
"The speaker is intended to be used with a TV."

When will the app be inteded to be used with the Soundtouch 300? - which requires the app to work for TV use.

Hi all,

Thanks for the posts.  I'm not sure if/when this will be available, but I'll make sure your recommendations get up to the software team.

Best Regards,

Brandon