Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winnipeg David
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Switching bluetooth devices SoundTouch 20

How do you quickly switch from one bluetooth connected device to another? I saw posts from a year ago suggested you had to manually disconnect the last device in its options in order to allow it to use a new one?

The idea that if I want to stream music before my wife wakes up in the morning that I need to rummage through her purse, unlock her iphone, and modify her settings seems ridiculous.  I have to imagine there is a better option.  Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Switching bluetooth devices SoundTouch 20

Thanks for reaching out David. Bluetooth on the Soundtouch 20 is a one-to-one connection. If it is already paired to the first audio device for Bluetooth, and you now want to a pair a different device, the best practice is to turn off Bluetooth on the first device.

Hope this helps.

rpb99
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Re: Switching bluetooth devices SoundTouch 20

I am having a similar problem.  Not only do I have to switch off the first bluetooth device - I then have to clear the pairing list and power off both the Bose speaker and my mobile phone to have any chance of pairing.

Multiple pairing seems to work fine with cheap bluetooth speakers and headphones so it should be possible with a Bose speaker.