Peter59
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Tesco Viglen tablet and SoundTouch10

Hi,

I was given a Tesco Viglen (Windows 10) Tablet and a SoundTouch 10 as a retirement gift a couple of years ago. Setting it up is was a nightmare - one needs the x86 version of the software - then the tablet lacks the dll (MSVCP120.dll) needed to run the setup software (I eventually found where they could be downloaded), but the tablet only has only a micro USB connector, so it isn't possible to connect to the speaker without an "on the road" adapter - large female USB at one end small male USB at the other (I bought one). Then I discovered that the setup program requires stuff to be typed in - but  the SoundTouch setup doesn't invoke the "pseudo keyboard" on the tablet. So tried a USB hub and a keyboard - the keyboard works fine, but the tablet can't see the speaker through a hub. So I installed the app on my Windows 10 PC to get the speaker to see the network and NAS (WD MyCloud) - that worked. Then I tried to control it with the tablet - guess what? - it wants me to log-in and for that I need a keyboard connected to my tablet - more and worse still, the SoundTouch app has not put itself into the list of apps on the tablet so every time I have to search for it. If I want to listen to music from my WD NAS on the verandah I have three choices:

• Use my Panasonic amp (it has wifi) and rack up the volume;
  • Go back to the home office and use the PC to select tracks;
  • Schlep my tablet and a keyboard outside;

My iPOD touch is too old to run the software, and my smartphone doesn't either. I can get it to run on a laptop, but that is more of a schlep than the keyboard. How can I force the SoundTouch software on my tablet to bring up a keyboard to log on?

OK - so you can't use the label tablet...

Duhhh

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tesco Viglen tablet and SoundTouch10

Hi there Peter59,

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.  I know on my Windows 10 laptop, I can press the keyboard button in the bottom right corner of my screen and that will pull up a virtual keyboard that I can use.  Do you have that button?

Are you still getting the MSVCP120.dll error?  

Thanks,

Brandon

Peter59
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Re: Tesco Viglen tablet and SoundTouch10

Hi,

The button apppeared as an icon in the system tray only after I had installed the October 10th update for Windows 10. I managed to download the dll from Microsoft. It's working now (haven't tested the range yet) - but it would have been impossible for a not very computer literate user to set-up the speaker on a tablet using the app and instructions provided.

Many Thanks

Peter