Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

The option to add iTunes Library in Soundtouch App is greyed out

I am trying to add my itunes library to my soundtouch app v.18.1.4 (interface version 19.1.6) on my Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 Pro version 1803.  When I go to add service>music library on computer the option to add my itunes library is greyed out.  The option to add my windows media library is not greyed out.  I am using iTunes v.12.7.5.9

I have set itunes to share with the network under preferences>sharing and under Preferences>advanced the xml option.  I have reinstalled both itunes and soundtouch.  My itunes library is located in c:\users|casmi\music\itunes.

Everything else works fine.  Soundtouch on my macbook pro will load my itunes library, just not my Dell.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: The option to add iTunes Library in Soundtouch App is greyed out

Hello Crimson Buddha,

Thank you for the post.

Have you checked to see if Media Sharing is enabled on your computer? If not, please go to Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Network and Sharing Center>Media Streaming Options and enable sharing. Also is your network set to Public or Private within the adapter settings for your computer?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Joel:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Sharing is enabled and the network is private.  My Dell XPS connects to the network by wifi and the Soundtouch is connected by ethernet.  My Macbook pro also connects to the same network by wifi and I can access the itunes music library from the soundtouch on the Macbook.

Thanks for any additional assistane you can provide.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Crimson Buddha,

Thank you for getting back to me. I know this may seem out of scope, but does anything change if you remove the other library from the Mac? Is this the same iTunes account that is also on the Macbook?

Warm Regards,

Joel