Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

The soundTouch 130 : The sound decrease and disapear

I just acuired a SoundTouch 130.

After few minutes, the sound decrese and disapear. There is no sound until I restart the system. Few minutes later, the sound decrease again until no sound.

Please give me the solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: The soundTouch 130 : The sound decrease and disapear

Hi KUYO,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We'd be happy to help. 

What source are you listening to when this happens (e.g. TV, DVD/Blu-Ray Player, SoundTouch, Bluetooth)? If possible, could you please try testing multiple sources to see if this happens for everything or just one source in particular? Also, how are you connecting the soundbar to your sources (HDMI or digital optical)?

Try adjusting the HDMI-CEC setting of the soundbar. You will need to connect your system to your home network and access these settings within the Bose SoundTouch app. Try setting the Soundbar to Alternate On, or Off, to see if these make any difference. 

1. Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app.
  2. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  3. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

If the above doesn't work, I'd next suggest trying a system reset:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Let us know if these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your help.

You will find hereafter the answer to your questions and recommendations.

Please note that today there is  no more sound. Only the pictures appear. Also it is no more possible to connect the Acoustimass. I have tried the procedure explained in the book in vain.

• What source are you listening to when this happens (e.g. TV, DVD/Blu-Ray Player, SoundTouch, Bluetooth)?
    • Response : The problem happens for all the source. I principally use the AUX source (my multimedia Box – DVICO).

• If possible, could you please try testing multiple sources to see if this happens for everything or just one source in particular?
    • Response : The problem happens whatever the source.

• Also, how are you connecting the soundbar to your sources (HDMI or digital optical)?
    • Response : The soundBar is connected via HDMI to all the sources (Sat, DVD and AUX)

• Try adjusting the HDMI-CEC setting of the soundbar. You will need to connect your system to your home network and access these settings within the Bose SoundTouch app. Try setting the Soundbar to Alternate On, or Off, to see if these make any difference. Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option Default On Enables CEC Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies Off: Disables CEC Press the X in the upper right to close the window
    • Response : I don’t see in the application where to make the HDMI-CEC setting. You will find hereafter the print screen of the Soundbar and the application details. Maybe I need an update. You will find hereafter the detail of the Sound bar and the Application :

Prt Scr Sound SoundTouch Version.jpgPrt Scr Sound Bar Details.jpg 

• If the above doesn't work, I'd next suggest trying a system reset:
    • Response : I have reseted the system many time. Sometime after the reset I succeed to connect the Acoustimass. But few minutes later the Acoustimass disconnect. Only the Soundbar continue working until the sound disappear completely.

• Turn the soundbar off Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet Wait 30 seconds Reconnect the power cord Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot
    • Response : There is no change.

I hope my answers will help you to find the problem and solve it.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

KUYO

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello KUYO,

Thank you for providing these details. The CEC instructions I posted were actually for our SoundTouch 300 soundbar. This was my mistake. I will share the CEC instructions for your SoundTouch 130 below. However, we will first want to troubleshoot the bass module issue. A connection to the bass module is required for this system to produce sound. 

First, what color is the LED indicator on the back of the bass module? 

• If amber, is it solid, slow blinking, or blinking in a pattern (every 3 seconds)?
  • If red, is it fast flashing or solid?

We should also try re-pairing the bass module to the console:

1. Unplug the Acoustimass module AC power cord
  2. On the remote, press System
  3. Press the Down Arrow until "15 PAIR ACOUSTIMASS" appears on the display
  4. Press OK. "Plug in Acoustimass" appears on the display
  5. Plug the Acoustimass module AC power cord in the AC outlet. After the Acoustimass module connects to the console, "Pairing Complete" appears on the display

If the above steps are successful, and we still seem to be experiencing issues, you can then try different CEC settings:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to "3 HDMI-CEC"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to adjust HDMI CEC setting:
    1. DEFAULT ON: Enables CEC
    2. ALTERNATIVE ON: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. OFF: Disables CEC
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Let us know if anything changes!

Best regards,

Brian