Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Three issues with SoundTouch application (iOS). Volume control not working is the worst!

Affected: SoundToch 300 and two SoundTouch 10. Always the latest updates on iOS 10 and iOS 11. Experiened the issues on three different iPhones.  

1. The volume control doesn't work properly. When trying to raise the sound a little by using the slider the app suddenly has a life by its own and the slider (and volume) will jump around on the screen without me touching it. I managed to wake up my entire family one evening because of this. By far the most annoying issue. When using the widget (in iOS) it's possible to raise and lower the volume by by using the - and + buttons on the screen. Please implement the same buttons in the actual SoundTouch app. 

2. I cannot rename a speaker once it has been configured. I can input new text but it doesn't get saved. 

3. Sometimes the app says the music is playing on all speakers but it's just playing on one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Re: Three issues with SoundTouch application (iOS). Volume control not working is the worst!

Author Accepted Answer selected by slickepott

Hi Brandon,

I used Spotify on the iPhone. I have not had any issues since deactivating the Devices Lock Screen feature on iPhone. 

Regards,

Quincy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Three issues with SoundTouch application (iOS). Volume control not working is the worst!

Hi slickepott,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with volume control.

Can you try controlling the volume from a different device with the SoundTouch app installed, like a computer or android device?

Do you have the Spotify app installed on your iPhones?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by slickepott

Hi Brandon,

I used Spotify on the iPhone. I have not had any issues since deactivating the Devices Lock Screen feature on iPhone. 

Regards,

Quincy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Thanks for letting us know!  We'll go ahead and close this thread as resolved. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Hello, I have the same issues with control volume through Soundtouch app on Iphone 5, Iphone 7+ and Iphone 8. When I link 2 bose devices and I try to "manage" volume it's not possible, the volume increase to the max or decrease to zero! It's unbelievable to live this experience with sound devices!!!! Control volume is an essential function!!! This defect is a big mess and not understable to have this with devices so expensible!!! What is the solution because nothing works and last updates don't fix the issue!

Next step change for SONO or other
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Loic Toulouse, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Do you use Spotify on your device? If so, can you try to disable the lock controls and see if doing so helps? Lock controls allow you to control the volume, play/pause, and go forward or back a track while your device is still locked. To disable these, open the Spotify app, go to Your Library, the click the gear icon in the upper right, then Devices and try disabling "Devices Lock Screen". Can you also try to reboot your device and re-test? Please let us know if this doesn't resolve it. 

Thank you