Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Thumbs up in Australia

Hi, I'm devastated that Pandora pulled out. Could you tell me which services in Australia I can use the thumbs up and down buttons for? Any of them free?
Cheers,
Liam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Thumbs up in Australia

Author Accepted Answer selected by liamgjones

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the post.  As of right now, there are no free services for Australia, but the engineering team is working on adding more services.  

As far as for functionality of the thumbs up and down buttons, I believe you can use those with Spotify radio stations.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by liamgjones

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the post.  As of right now, there are no free services for Australia, but the engineering team is working on adding more services.  

As far as for functionality of the thumbs up and down buttons, I believe you can use those with Spotify radio stations.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Well, there are free services such as TuneIn and Internet Radio.  

On the other hand you can also use other free services vis BT such as YouTube, Spotify (add supported), or really any other free service through BT connection (or airplay for the earlier systems).

Unfortunately I think it was Pandoras "free" option being too good that caused them to leave AU/NZ.  With that service being add supported, it would be hard in australias market to get the revenue to be profitable.  I honestly only heard an add once a month or so and I couldn't see the extra benefits for me to have the premium version. Whereas there's no-one I know that uses the unpaid version of Spotify - it gives much better capabilities for a small monthly fee.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Thanks for replying Brandon.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Thanks Morlock. I particularly liked being able to thumbs up and down on the remote with Pandora. I suspected paying for Spotify was the only other way to make use of those buttons. Thanks for clarifying.